Does anyone know

BernieP

Resident PIA
Do the courts normally put in place a "No Contact" order without the victim request?

The court can order anything it wants to, including a no contact. I've seen them add that to a lot of charges, particularly shop lifting where they will tell the defendant to not enter the store as part of the plea deal. Let's face it, most district court cases are plea deals, not to many go to trial and even fewer cases are heard at circuit court. So it would not surprise me that the court would add a do not have any contact clause when the charge included second degree assault or even property damage.

gretchen

I've always wondered how do they enforce a no contact in a store? What I mean is,do they post a pic so everyone knows you aren't allowed in?

Tami2red

No recent convictions. Just new charges. And he's refusing use of a mutually owned vehicle. How is that legal, and what can she do? Oh, and he took her phone, so she can't call anyone.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
No recent convictions. Just new charges. And he's refusing use of a mutually owned vehicle. How is that legal, and what can she do? Oh, and he took her phone, so she can't call anyone.
Drama. Stay out of it, she'll be back with him next week.

inkah

It's me. And it's been 3 weeks. He won't let me use 'our' vehicle to take trash or go grocery shopping. So STOP making assumptions.

Is this an ex parte? or a domestic violence issue? Never heard of a no contact order. Were you served official paperwork?

Tami2red

UM... ACTUALLY NOT WITH HIM. Haven't been since he was arrested. BUT we have 1 working vehicle and I need to use it. He won't let me. I haven't even seen him since he was arrested.

Stop assuming.

Tami2red

Is this an ex parte? or a domestic violence issue? Never heard of a no contact order. Were you served official paperwork?

DV issue. I wasn't served with anything. I found out because he's using it to avoid letting me use the vehicle we own together.