My dumb son...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...says that George Thorogood isn't in the Top Ten guitarists. He used that :bs: Rolling Stone mag Top 100 as his proof. I say RS is FOS.

Thoughts?

NextJen

Raisin cane
For sure I couldn't name the top 10 guitarists, but I did see Thorogood some years ago at the Patriot Center. Great show!
However, I do agree that Rolling Stone magazine is FOS.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Based on what criteria? That you like him and he's in your top 10, sure.
As a fan, you get to pick your top 10 and that's fine.

If the criteria is how well a person plays based on what guitar players think, talent, skill, he's not top 10 even if we narrow it to blues players.

Yes, Rolling Stone is FOS, But Thorogood is not a top 10 guitarist. There are dead guitarist that could fill the top ten. But that's not to say I don't like him.

vraiblonde - Maybe you should give us what would be your top 10 list, then we might be in a better position to consider George Thorogood's inclusion. That's what these things really come down to: Who is being left out so that this or that person can be included?

As Larry suggested, intentionally or not, so many of these kinds of lists are highly subjective. There just aren't right or wrong answers. But for the record, if I were to try to make my own top 10 list I don't think Mr. Thorogood would make it anywhere near the final cut.

Last edited: