Fox

KDENISE977

Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I thought they were cute at first, but now, I'm worried. I called animal control and DNR and they could care less :shrug:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Does anyone know how to get rid of them? I thought they were cute at first, but now, I'm worried. I called animal control and DNR and they could care less :shrug:

why are you worried? they're pretty harmless if left alone. My parents sit on 5 acres and have 2 fox families around. :shrug:

KDENISE977

why are you worried? they're pretty harmless if left alone. My parents sit on 5 acres and have 2 fox families around. :shrug:

I'm only concerned because this JUST started happening and it's like 6 or 7... just showed up. And, they're not afraid of people. We thought they were nice for my kid to see and learn about at first. Now, I'm actually concerned about rabies... only because our dog Molly isn't vaccinated, due to her current treatment, they won't vaccinate her.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Remove their food source and they'll leave. Don't leave trash or pet food outside.

If that isn't what they are eating, learn to live with it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:shrug: they still sound pretty harmless. Sometimes the fox families around my parents come and go...my mother said she never saw them this year but saw both many times last year. And when we first moved there 14 years ago, we never saw ANY until maybe 4-5 years after. If you see them residing in little areas, like under a shed, block it off. But otherwise there's not much you can do about them. It's also pretty obvious if they have rabies. You might be able to find a deterrent spray at Home Depot or Lowe's, but seriously foxes are harmless. I'd kill to live on some quiet acreage with wildlife like that again.

KDENISE977

:shrug: they still sound pretty harmless. Sometimes the fox families around my parents come and go...my mother said she never saw them this year but saw both many times last year. And when we first moved there 14 years ago, we never saw ANY until maybe 4-5 years after. If you see them residing in little areas, like under a shed, block it off. But otherwise there's not much you can do about them. It's also pretty obvious if they have rabies. You might be able to find a deterrent spray at Home Depot or Lowe's, but seriously foxes are harmless. I'd kill to live on some quiet acreage with wildlife like that again.

Yeah, I thought they were cute at first too and we enjoyed watching them play, and actually a deer was walking around with them the other night. I guess I'm just overly paranoid about the dog and afraid if they aren't easily spooked or afraid of humans, they must be sick... I honestly don't know enough about them. DNR and animal control showed little interest and even said they're not going to hurt anything.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I came face to face with a red fox a few years ago. Our mailbox are down at the end of our court. I was walking down to get the mail and the fox was standing at the mailboxes. I saw him/her and she/he saw me and we both took off in different directions. :lol:

Vince

Only a problem if you have chickens. Fox love chicken dinner. Saw one at the golf course last weekend running along side the fairway. Could have cared less about the people. I think he was stalking the geese that were all over the course.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
You should organize a fox hunt. I have a red sport coat I haven’t had an occasion to wear yet.

Roman

I have a screened in front porch that I use to put my Parrots out for some fun, until a fox came right up to the screen while I was standing there with my bird. It was scary to say the least. Like you KD, I called Animal Control who didn't sound interested. Needless to say, my birdies only go out when I do.