the Frying Pan on HG Truman Road...

GregV814

I had not been there for a few years because the last time I ate there, it had fallen on very hard times. But today, I stopped by for a sandwich. It was very good, the service was great and the prices were fair. If you have not been there in a while, give it a look-see....I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10...

LtownTaxpayer

I had not been there for a few years because the last time I ate there, it had fallen on very hard times. But today, I stopped by for a sandwich. It was very good, the service was great and the prices were fair. If you have not been there in a while, give it a look-see....I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10...

Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the heads up.

BOP

Like too many places in southern Maryland, they're too inconsistent in the quality. I stopped by there a couple of months ago, but the food was meh. The bacon still tastes like they throw it in the deep frier to heat it up, for example.

frequentflier

happy to be living

Breakfast is the only meal I have ever had there and it has been awhile. It was always good and large portions. The service has always been good; most of the staff has worked there forever.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
It has been about three years since I last ate there. Took the family there for dinner for something different. My steak at a slight vinegar taste to it. I turned it over and seen it was slightly green in areas. They apologized and took it back and brought me a new one. I have not been back since. All was good except my steak.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
I had not been there for a few years because the last time I ate there, it had fallen on very hard times.
If I may ...

"Had fallen on very hard times"? They're still on very hard times. Have you really looked at the inside? The place is always dingy and dirty, never been updated. The ceiling tiles should have been replaced a decades ago. The walls are laden with decades of cruddy build up, well it looks like it. There are two cars that have been sitting dead next to the building for years. Big eyesore. Instead of trying to work on his business, the owner sits outside bemoaning the state of the economy, the power plant this, the gas plant that. The cost of orange juice, bacon, eggs, what the markets are doing, etc. Try not to have the misfortune of having him stop by your table to engage in conversation, he will ruin your meal. I tried a steak there once, and saw it being pulled from a freezer bag. Tasted like it too. The breakfasts are good, can't really mess that up. That's were the bacon is freshly cooked, around 6:30 to 7. Scrapple cooked to order too. The staff do do the best they can, and are attentive... only in the morning. In the afternoon, it is a crap-shoot.
Why do I go when I complain? It's the only place I know where I'm not bothered waiting to be seated. I park, go in, sit down at any table, waitress comes over immediately, order taken and coffee poured, timed passed, about 2-5 mins. And be back on the road in about 20-25 mins ... only on weekday mornings. There is one waitress, Diana, that tries to spruce the place up by bringing in art and hanging it on the walls to try and liven up the place. She and another hold that place together ... though only in the mornings when they are there.

Instead of getting the soda fountain machine fixed, the owner gets cases of soda from the store. Same with the ice, at least one time I was there.
The only thing holding that place back from being a real charm, is the owner.

GregV814

No. I was just telling people about MY experience there. I was hoping to be non-controversial and offer MY suprise at their improvement. Keep esating at a dozen Mexican joints and drink the water at Panera or Green Turtle and shut the hell up.

Thank you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
No. I was just telling people about MY experience there. I was hoping to be non-controversial and offer MY suprise at their improvement. Keep esating at a dozen Mexican joints and drink the water at Panera or Green Turtle and shut the hell up. Thank you.
If I may ...

How is it my being controversial by critiquing the place in an honest manner? I still go there and enjoy breakfast. Also, IMHO, the Green Turtle sucks, as do most mexican places, dime a dozen they are, and Panera is just plain expensive for what they are.

LtownTaxpayer

If I may ...

How is it my being controversial by critiquing the place in an honest manner? I still go there and enjoy breakfast. Also, IMHO, the Green Turtle sucks, as do most mexican places, dime a dozen they are, and Panera is just plain expensive for what they are.

It doesn't sound like you enjoyed anything about the experience. I was wondering why you go back - you must have enjoyed the food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is it my being controversial by critiquing the place in an honest manner?

Because. If you don't like what he likes, he's afraid other people will think he's a loser who is stupid and likes crappy restaurants. Then he has to prove to the internet that it's not he who is the stupid loser, but you. Because it must be one of you, right? Otherwise you'd agree on the restaurant since, you know, that's the most important thing in the world.

:dance:

GregV814

Because. If you don't like what he likes, he's afraid other people will think he's a loser who is stupid and likes crappy restaurants. Then he has to prove to the internet that it's not he who is the stupid loser, but you. Because it must be one of you, right? Otherwise you'd agree on the restaurant since, you know, that's the most important thing in the world.

:dance:

That cuts me deep....ouch... I guess I will cross you off my Christmas card list....