Does anyone know of a dog "tracker" for a lost pet?

W

wopazia

Does anyone know of a dog "tracker" for a lost pet in this area? I'm looking for a dog that could pickup a scent of my lost tortoise. (Believe it or not, dogs can do it.) Still missing from the Leonardtown area. I've contacted a company in Silver Springs, MD and Baltimore, MD. No one has gotten back with me. Thanks.

Roman

Does anyone know of a dog "tracker" for a lost pet in this area? I'm looking for a dog that could pickup a scent of my lost tortoise. (Believe it or not, dogs can do it.) Still missing from the Leonardtown area. I've contacted a company in Silver Springs, MD and Baltimore, MD. No one has gotten back with me. Thanks.
Forum member ICit will hopefully chime in soon. If her dogs can't do it, she will know someone around the area that might.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My nephew tried the one out of Baltimore to track his lost dog, took 2 days for them to return his call and then they said 3-5 days to come down and track... Hope you find your tortoise soon.

BernieP

Resident PIA

do you mind if I ask in which area you live.
I saw a picture posted on Facebook yesterday (or maybe it was Saturday) of a turtle I think someone found in their garden.

W

wopazia

If anyone knows how to get in touch with ICit I'd certainly appreciate it.

W

wopazia

do you mind if I ask in which area you live.
I saw a picture posted on Facebook yesterday (or maybe it was Saturday) of a turtle I think someone found in their garden.

We live on Heritage Drive, Leonardtown, MD. Leonardtown Farms Subdivision.
Appreciate your help!

Attached is a picture of the red footed tortoise.

Attachments

• red-foot-tortoise-and-enclosure_3286443.jpg
    red-foot-tortoise-and-enclosure_3286443.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 443
Last edited by a moderator:

Restless

Google "Dogs Finding Dogs". There is someone in our area that does this. I think they need to be able to pick up a scent in order to track, like bedding, toys, etc. I have heard they do a good job. I hope they can help you!

Roman

She is just precious. I hope you find her. I have no way to contact ICit, other than the forums. Give her a PM. Did you call Tri=County Animal Shelter?

W

wopazia

She is just precious. I hope you find her. I have no way to contact ICit, other than the forums. Give her a PM. Did you call Tri=County Animal Shelter?

Tri County has been notified. UPDATE---Peewee was seen twice on Moll Dyer Road, Leonardtown on Saturday, possibly Sunday. Passed out flyers to all houses. A family actually played with him before they let him back on his adventure.

W

wopazia

Google "Dogs Finding Dogs". There is someone in our area that does this. I think they need to be able to pick up a scent in order to track, like bedding, toys, etc. I have heard they do a good job. I hope they can help you!

I'm on a waitlist for them to come out and help search. At least we had a few sightings.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm on a waitlist for them to come out and help search. At least we had a few sightings.

It sounds hopeful. This forum is great for reuniting pets with their owners. Your lost pet is the most unique I have seen so far. I am sorry. I know you are frantic and sad. But, at least, southern MD is a good habitat for turtles/tortoises. I think you will find PeeWee. I live in Calvert so I can't help. But I will keep an eye out. Best wishes. :smile:

W

wopazia

We have had Peewee for 15 years, he was a present for my 4 year old son who is now 19 years old. We are so hopeful we can find him in time.

littlelady

God bless the USA
We have had Peewee for 15 years, he was a present for my 4 year old son who is now 19 years old. We are so hopeful we can find him in time.

Keep bumping this thread so it is out there. There are 25,000+ members on this forum. I think situations like this are way more important than the politics or religion forums back and forth that goes on here. We cannot do anything about that, but the forum can help in finding a pet. Hang in there.

Edit: We live near the water and have had turtles try to nest in our yard because of our sandy soil. We removed them and took them to the beach. That was stressful the first time it happened, but we got them and put them in a basket and relocated them. We are now pros. I just hope so much that you find PeeWee.

Last edited:
W

wopazia

Keep bumping this thread so it is out there. There are 25,000+ members on this forum. I think situations like this are way more important than the politics or religion forums back and forth that goes on here. We cannot do anything about that, but the forum can help in finding a pet. Hang in there.

Edit: We live near the water and have had turtles try to nest in our yard because of our sandy soil. We removed them and took them to the beach. That was stressful the first time it happened, but we got them and put them in a basket and relocated them. We are now pros. I just hope so much that you find PeeWee.

Whatever you do don't make Peewee swim, he is a land tortoise and will sink like a rock. Hopefully we will have a sighting today. The word is getting out there and I appreciate all the help I've received.

Last edited by a moderator:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Whatever you do don't make Peewee swim, he is a land tortoise and will sink like a rock. Hopefully we will have a sighting today. The word is getting out there and I appreciate all the help I've received.

I will send ICit a pm on Facebook and ask her to come on here to rad this thread. I hope she can help you!