Shout out to Southern Maryland Windows and Siding

PeoplesElbow

Last year I had SOMD Windows and siding replace my leaky circa 1970 windows, this past winter my house was so much warmer feeling, my view better and the house quieter. I just did a full window cleaning of all my windows inside and out and they still look brand new and everything is still good over a year later.

They did a great job and the price was more reasonable than I thought it would be.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Last year I had SOMD Windows and siding replace my leaky circa 1970 windows, this past winter my house was so much warmer feeling, my view better and the house quieter. I just did a full window cleaning of all my windows inside and out and they still look brand new and everything is still good over a year later.

They did a great job and the price was more reasonable than I thought it would be.

If they were out of Lusby, I do believe they have gone out of business. If it's the same one, the man running the business became a Sheriff's deputy.

frequentflier

happy to be living
They are out of Lusby, father/son team. Their website is still up.

http://www.smws.net/

The young man's wife used to work for me 6+ years ago. She has had two children since she left. Though I have lost touch with them, I understand from a neighbor of theirs that he left the business and became a sheriff's deputy in another county. My guess is he needed the benefits and retirement. The father has been in poor health for many many years and has been house bound for as long as I have known the son. They used to advertise heavily and I have noticed they do not any more.

It's a shame if the business is shut down because the young man had a good and solid reputation for quality work and dependability. On the other hand, as a small business owner I understand the difficulties of a family run business. Because of my last business, I understand how the weather can botch things up and how difficult it is to have to both spend the time bidding on jobs, scheduling them and then having to do the install and labor as well.

PeoplesElbow

The young man's wife used to work for me 6+ years ago. She has had two children since she left. Though I have lost touch with them, I understand from a neighbor of theirs that he left the business and became a sheriff's deputy in another county. My guess is he needed the benefits and retirement. The father has been in poor health for many many years and has been house bound for as long as I have known the son. They used to advertise heavily and I have noticed they do not any more.

It's a shame if the business is shut down because the young man had a good and solid reputation for quality work and dependability. On the other hand, as a small business owner I understand the difficulties of a family run business. Because of my last business, I understand how the weather can botch things up and how difficult it is to have to both spend the time bidding on jobs, scheduling them and then having to do the install and labor as well.

You must be mistaken then, the father Tony and his son Mickey were both at my house putting in my windows a bit over a year ago.

Tony was 50ish, Mickey was probably late 20's to mid 30's.

frequentflier

happy to be living
You must be mistaken then, the father Tony and his son Mickey were both at my house putting in my windows a bit over a year ago.

Tony was 50ish, Mickey was probably late 20's to mid 30's.

I do not believe I am mistaken. Mickey is the father and Tony is the son. Tony's wife worked for me for almost 2 years; including while she was pregnant for their 1st. Mickey's wife used to come in the store but it was evident to me that both her and Mickey were in very poor health. I never knew of Mickey to go on a job. BTW, Tony is an only child. He did have a helper, though.

But for the sake of keeping peace, you are right and I am wrong.