5th annual BeerFest in St. Mary’s City

nutz

Great, we'll give it a try then. According to the site, "Standard tickets include a commemorative sampling glass and four (4) free tasting tickets"

Is there a non-standard ticket or can you get (buy) more tasting tickets somehow?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Great, we'll give it a try then. According to the site, "Standard tickets include a commemorative sampling glass and four (4) free tasting tickets"

Is there a non-standard ticket or can you get (buy) more tasting tickets somehow?

The "non-standard" ticket is for a DD. They can get sodas or water. You can buy additional tickets once you get there or later in the day. Don't wait too late in the day though.

You get there, get your glass and your tickets, and they'll ask if you want extra tickets, and you do. You go to each beer booth and they usually say how many tickets per sample or full sized glass a beer costs. I recommend using your tickets to get samples to find which beer you really love. Then go back to that booth later and get a full sized glass.

Also, if you already "know" the beer being offered, save your tickets for one you've never tried before. You can always go back to that beer later if you want. Next, bring cash for food and water and the other vendors. You cannot buy beer with cash though, or haven't been able to in the past.

nutz

The "non-standard" ticket is for a DD. They can get sodas or water. You can buy additional tickets once you get there or later in the day. Don't wait too late in the day though.

You get there, get your glass and your tickets, and they'll ask if you want extra tickets, and you do. You go to each beer booth and they usually say how many tickets per sample or full sized glass a beer costs. I recommend using your tickets to get samples to find which beer you really love. Then go back to that booth later and get a full sized glass.

Also, if you already "know" the beer being offered, save your tickets for one you've never tried before. You can always go back to that beer later if you want. Next, bring cash for food and water and the other vendors. You cannot buy beer with cash though, or haven't been able to in the past.

Ok, thanks....by non-standard I was thinking a premium ticket such as VIP pass or Taster's Choice, etc.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Seems a little expensive. For $20 @ Sotterly Wine Fest, you can taste test until you pass out :)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Is there really only 6 beer vendors?

I do not know. It's always a bit of a guessing game, because SMHS doesn't always update their websites in a timely fashion. You can always call and ask. Administration stuff, like websites and newsletters, Facebook, etc. and more for all of St. Mary's City Historical Society is all a one woman show. Sarah 240-895-4977. Last year they only listed 6 brewers as well on the website.

The first year was pretty miserable, but had the potential. We didn't make the second year, but heard it was marginally better. Third year was pretty impressive. Last year was outstanding.

So basing off yearly growth, I would think there would be much more than 6 beer vendors.

lovinmaryland

I do not know. It's always a bit of a guessing game, because SMHS doesn't always update their websites in a timely fashion. You can always call and ask. Administration stuff, like websites and newsletters, Facebook, etc. and more for all of St. Mary's City Historical Society is all a one woman show. Sarah 240-895-4977. Last year they only listed 6 brewers as well on the website.

The first year was pretty miserable, but had the potential. We didn't make the second year, but heard it was marginally better. Third year was pretty impressive. Last year was outstanding.

So basing off yearly growth, I would think there would be much more than 6 beer vendors.
Ok sounds like it keeps getting a little better each year then. Big B has had pretty much everything available from the beer peeps they had listed so it might take some convincing to get him to give it a shot!
Weak! That's no beer fest!

:lol: I'm pretty sure that is the reaction I'm gonna get from B as well. We do like supporting local brewerys though :yay:

Pizzel

6 breweries and Guy Distributing pouring tastings. Livingsocial.com deal available for next 11 hours its 2 tickets for $20, search Historic St. Mary's City Beerfest in Washington DC area.

SoMdDude

I work for a distributor in NOVA, and work events like this sometimes... the ones down here in somd are weak,
wont ever attend one again since the last one a few years back. Plus I get free beer all day when I work the events lol

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I work for a distributor in NOVA, and work events like this sometimes... the ones down here in somd are weak,
wont ever attend one again since the last one a few years back. Plus I get free beer all day when I work the events lol

Stud.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Hope non of you had your cars burn up

Our truck was DIRECTLY in front of the fire. Still covered in ash, mud, all kids of crap. Heard about the fire soon after walking in, joked about it getting to our cars, then when we go to leave it kinda wasn't so funny just how close that was. :shocking:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And whoever organized this didn't think to mow the grass before parking cars in it?

Those catalytic converters get hot.