Dance Studio Recommendation?

opinionspls

I'm looking for a dance studio in southern maryland for my son (age 7) that offers tap and hip-hop classes (jazz is OK too). He's already taken one year of tap. I'm willing to travel anywhere between Waldorf and Lexington Park. Classes on Friday evenings and Saturdays work best for my schedule. He's interested in doing competitions, but isn't crazy about ballet or lyrical dancing. Can anyone recommend a dance studio in southern maryland that might be a good fit and has a competitive team that doesn't require ballet/lyrical? If you have any ideas on the number of hours/classes required for the competitive team and don't mind sharing it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

LtownTaxpayer

Thanks for the link. Are there any dance parents that recommend this studio?

I was a dance parent, but my girls moved to horseback riding. I also was an adult dancer taking lessons at the studio as well as competing. I focused on tap. The owner's son (Justin Myles) danced in Stomp and teaches hip hop (or he did).

bilbur

I was a dance parent, but my girls moved to horseback riding. I also was an adult dancer taking lessons at the studio as well as competing. I focused on tap. The owner's son (Justin Myles) danced in Stomp and teaches hip hop (or he did).

I was going to ask where these competitions were but then I read the rest of the post, I am not interested anymore. :lmao: