Motorcycle theft in southern maryland

Stavrose

Been dreaming of getting a motorcycle and watching a lot of YouTube mottovloggers. I recently started seeing that motorcycles get stolen a lot and I was wondering if that's a big problem in southern Maryland also. I would like To hear your sad stories if there are and the methods you like protecting your property. When I see how easy it it to steal a bike I'm having second thoughts.

Also I could be wrong but it seems I don't see as many bikers this year as I used too

Kinnakeet

Been dreaming of getting a motorcycle and watching a lot of YouTube mottovloggers. I recently started seeing that motorcycles get stolen a lot and I was wondering if that's a big problem in southern Maryland also. I would like To hear your sad stories if there are and the methods you like protecting your property. When I see how easy it it to steal a bike I'm having second thoughts.

Also I could be wrong but it seems I don't see as many bikers this year as I used too
If you want to live long and prosperous do yourself a favor and DONT buy a motorcycle they are nothing but a death trap waiting to happen.
:drummer:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've owned and ridden large street bikes for a long time. I haven't heard of any reported theft problems in the area. I'd have to disagree on how easy they are to steal....my Harley dresser is not going to be something somebody just grabs and sports off with..LOL.

Dirt bikes and ATVS, on the other hand, are not hard to steal if you have a pickup truck or a van to use in the process...and quite a number of those are stolen every year.

bilbur

At one point years ago there was an issue with people stealing ATV's and they were being sold in West Virginia. I have not heard much about stolen motorcycles, at least not any more than stolen cars. We are still a rural community so these thefts are rare for now. Ten years down the road could be a different story.

Stavrose

At one point years ago there was an issue with people stealing ATV's and they were being sold in West Virginia. I have not heard much about stolen motorcycles, at least not any more than stolen cars. We are still a rural community so these thefts are rare for now. Ten years down the road could be a different story.

Thanks for the reply. I want a beginner bike. Nothing over a 600. I don't think I'll ever want or need a letter bike. I'm 5'6" and I want to flat foot on a sport bike but I may get a small cruiser