Hollywood Firehouse Fireworks

Midnightrider

We got stuck in the traffic leaving. We were at an event on Sotterly Rd and didn't think about the fireworks until we got to 235 and were forced to turn north into stopped traffic. The cops had the intersections blocked, and no turns were allowed for at least two miles. Once we made our U-turn we got to sit in traffic for another 20 minutes. St Mary's police need to get a clue.

The only upside was I got to listen to the first set of fare thee well on XM

officeguy

Duallys with road tires are terrible on wet grass, mud, snow. Digging one in to the axles is a sign of profound ignorance.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
True that^. As soon as tires spin and it's not moving...you just stop trying and arrange a suitable tug. We've had to do that numerous times with our F-450 and the 34' trailer behind it. Never got it stuck to the point any ole 4x4 pickup couldn't move it right on out.

PeoplesElbow

Watching all the dumbasses here get stuck in snow with 4wds I bet they thought flooring it would get them out. People I work with and live near do this all the time, then I make fun of them as I drive right out of it with my 2wd truck.

officeguy

True that^. As soon as tires spin and it's not moving...you just stop trying and arrange a suitable tug. We've had to do that numerous times with our F-450 and the 34' trailer behind it. Never got it stuck to the point any ole 4x4 pickup couldn't move it right on out.

Yeah, but that requires the ability to admit that you need help. Many of the guys who tow a 3500lb boat with a dually are not that great in the asking for help department. It wipes out their manliness or something.

dave1959

Just came past there on my way home from work.. Still about 4-5 vehicles stuck including the heavy equipment they were using to get them out... I'll bet that was a real mess...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just came past there on my way home from work.. Still about 4-5 vehicles stuck including the heavy equipment they were using to get them out... I'll bet that was a real mess...

I went by about 2:20 and the excavator was buried in mud and a few other cars and trucks were still there. I went by again about 1.5 hours later and there was another piece of heavy equipment trying to get the excavator out. :lol:

mitzi

Actually, parking in a rain drenched field.... knowing that even more rain is coming, is the sign of profound ignorance :coffee:

Maybe true, but what do you do when that's the only location they are allowing to park when the Fire Dept. parking lot is full?

Blister

It is just the same stupid fireworks that you have seen for decades. Come back next year when it is drier if you feel it is necessary.

I can understand little children staring up saying oooooohhhh and aaaaahhhh, but how can grown ups be so fascinated by loud bangs, stinky sulfurous smells, and bright lights?

Grumpy

It is just the same stupid fireworks that you have seen for decades. Come back next year when it is drier if you feel it is necessary.

I can understand little children staring up saying oooooohhhh and aaaaahhhh, but how can grown ups be so fascinated by loud bangs, stinky sulfurous smells, and bright lights?

I'll sell you my ID, seems to fit you better than I.

bilbur

Watched from the comfort of my parents yard, they have a perfect view of all the ones that go above the tree line. Other than the rain it turned out to be a good party.