Student on the Right stirs things up!

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
The guy has no valid points of his own, his main "thing" is belitting other people's ideology.

rraley

Well it is nice to see that this young person has taken an interest in the issues that face our nation and that he has decided to take a stand on them. There is far too much liberalism in Academia today and sometimes that spills over onto students. I do not agree with this person's methods, however. They just seem too brash and radical; but it just may be me because I don't value protest too much. I think it would be better if he didn't throw around "leftist hate" so much; seems like an overstatement to me.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by rraley
I think it would be better if he didn't throw around "leftist hate" so much; seems like an overstatement to me.

Well, yes and no. In another forum here some liberal-minded folks told me that I hate some people that I harbor no ill-will toward at all. I think using this term brings to light the fact that "hate" is the new buzzword for the left. If they disagree with what you say, they tell you that it's "hate" speech and that you should there be ashamed/reprogrammed.

When someone accuses me or someone that I agree with of using "hate" speech, I presume that what that really means is that they're upset now, and the hate is in them. Now don't misunderstand, there are such things as racist terms and ideas, but I think we know what they are, and they should be labelled as such and not tolerated.

Toxick

Splat
There is far too much liberalism in Academia today and sometimes that spills over onto students.

True dat.

I do not agree with this person's methods, however. They just seem too brash and radical; but it just may be me because I don't value protest too much.

Well, at least he's not blocking traffic.

In what way is it too brash and radical to stick up fliers and posters? All I can say is that it's a darn good thing he wasn't tacking up a copy of the Ten Commandments. They might have disembowelled him.

And it also appears to me that he's not the one with the problem, here. He's simply putting up fliers and leaflets and junk like that. Is it really his fault, or his problem when a torch weilding mob gets their pucker-factor amplified by several orders of magnitude and they go on a rampage.

Why can't they put up their own fliers, instead of screaming insults, and threatening physical bodily harm.

In fact - I can't help but idly wonder how many Anti-War signs or other left-wing type signs there are on the walls of that school. I have no problem with that - but what's wrong with a little equal-time?

I think it would be better if he didn't throw around "leftist hate" so much; seems like an overstatement to me.

In what way?

The fact that they are screaming that he's a racist at his face does not seem a bit hateful to you? Particularly when there is no racism in his literature that I can see.

Or the fact that they're trying to stifle his viewpoint because they disagree with it?

Hessian

I just watched over an hour of free speech in action....the protestwarriors have films on streaming video of their infiltration of Leftist protests (parades, rallies)...and the reaction they get is downright humorous at times.

*The save the planet folks who leave mounds of litter behind...
*The Pro-Palestinian crowd who decry the oppression of Israel and can't explain suicide bombing...
*The Bush bashers who can't explain how he "stole" the election.
*People dragging Old Glory on the ground then run when they see camera's-such bravery.
*Even a peace nik who assaulted one of the peaceful protesters.
*Cubans defending Castro as such a good dictator...ya gotta see it to believe it.
*A chant leader who loses track of what he is chanting (drugs?)

The videos have a number of funny points regarding the infiltration of these movements. This,...is your Democratic party. These are John Kerry's people...Oh how they have been blessed with intelligence and openmindedness.

http://www.protestwarrior.com/

Last edited:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Two thoughts occur to me with this young man:

1) Is this the inevitable beginning of the backlash against the left wing protests of the late 60's and early 70's? Think about it: Youths always tend to disagree with the establishment. Now the hippies of the 60's ARE the establishment, and the youth of today are having fun poking holes in their beliefs.

2) You could not have written a better social studies curriculum. I'll be he knows more about the constitution and the bill of rights than anybody in that school (including the teachers).

:clap:

SamSpade

"And it also appears to me that he's not the one with the problem, here. He's simply putting up fliers and leaflets and junk like that. Is it really his fault, or his problem when a torch weilding mob gets their pucker-factor amplified by several orders of magnitude and they go on a rampage. Why can't they put up their own fliers, instead of screaming insults, and threatening physical bodily harm."

Because the one thing that p*sses off the left more than anything else is a conservative expressing themselves just as vigorously and freely as they do. They don't like it when conservatives won't just back down and shut up. And stories like this are myriad - teachers that grade tests badly because the student wrote a paper supporting a conservative issue - veterans being spat upon and called baby-killer - recently a vet carried a sign in a veterans parade proclaiming "Veterans For Bush" and was treated disgracefully by crowd-members.

See, to me, the best way to show how wrong your opponents are - if they're really wrong - is to allow them to talk all they want. Right now, the lunatics on the far left are doing far more to RE-elect Bush than anything he is doing himself. As Richard Cohen recently remarked

"It can send fence-sitters moving, either out of revulsion or sympathy, the other way, and it leads to an easy and facile dismissal of arguments critical of Bush. During the Vietnam War, it seemed to me that some people supported Richard Nixon not because they thought he was right but because they loathed the war protesters. "

The left, in situations like this show all the righteous indignation and may I add, idiocy of a fundamental crackpot, who cannot tolerate the expression of views that it deems "wrong". I'm amazed that ant-war slogans are ok, but pro-war papers are not.

And lastly - it's a friggin' piece of PAPER. No one is making anyone READ it.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by Hessian
I just watched over an hour of free speech in action....the protestwarriors have films on streaming video of their infiltration of Leftist protests (parades, rallies)...and the reaction they get is downright humorous at times.
I also went to the web site, watched a few videos, and listened to some of the audio. I also subscribed to the newsletter and joined the DC chapter (might be fun to go to a protest).

Hessian

We sometimes ask why....

I have been puzzled how people could be so unpatriotic and against what is obviously right....

Then I read about what is being taught in school:

"Tiffany Charles was typical. She got a B in history at her high school in Montgomery County, Md., one of the nation's highest-rated school systems. She wasn't able to name a single general or battle. Nor did she know who was president during World War II, nor what year the war ended. She did, however, remember many details about the camps. 'We talked a lot about those concentration camps,' she told Post reporter Jay Mathews."

(as quoted from Worldnet Daily 7/20)

yup...the 60's liberals have poisoned an entire generation in government schools. Yet another benefit of Liberalism: skewed reality.

rraley

What struck me as radical was what was depicted in those posters. Having a poster of dead bodies in a school is not the most positive thing to happen or having a poster of a hanging woman in a burqa. The woman poster is what upsets me the most because it is generalizing. Afghanistan had a terrible system of female oppression, but it is not like that in all Islamic cultures. Take for instance, Iraq, which had women in the highest levels of government (granted they were plotting to kill innocents). Furthermore, a student in a high school is not allowed to hang a poster unless it is first approved by the school administration. I would not have approved of two of the posters because of the images had I been an administrator. Look, it is good that this young man has taken an interest in political issues and has positions, but he just goes too far. Conservatives should be glad that it is only liberals that get their panties in a wad and post outrageous posters; it makes us look like jackasses. This is not a development I would not want to see as a conservative.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This is not a development I would not want to see as a conservative.
:confused: Does this mean that conservatives would like to see this?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
What struck me as radical was what was depicted in those posters. Having a poster of dead bodies in a school is not the most positive thing to happen or having a poster of a hanging woman in a burqa. The woman poster is what upsets me the most because it is generalizing. Afghanistan had a terrible system of female oppression, but it is not like that in all Islamic cultures. Take for instance, Iraq, which had women in the highest levels of government (granted they were plotting to kill innocents). Furthermore, a student in a high school is not allowed to hang a poster unless it is first approved by the school administration. I would not have approved of two of the posters because of the images had I been an administrator. Look, it is good that this young man has taken an interest in political issues and has positions, but he just goes too far. Conservatives should be glad that it is only liberals that get their panties in a wad and post outrageous posters; it makes us look like jackasses. This is not a development I would not want to see as a conservative.

That is the point you are missing. It IS mocking the liberal protest/poster mentality. It is using their method of expression to show people the absurdity of their message.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by FromTexas
That is the point you are missing. It IS mocking the liberal protest/poster mentality. It is using their method of expression to show people the absurdity of their message.
Exactly. How many posters have you seen comparing Bush to Hitler? I've seen quite a few.