Okay, that's it!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm DONE with glitter nail polish. I love the way it looks but it is a hellish nightmare to remove.

I'm throwing all of them away right now before I lose my motivation.

Don't throw it away! You can use it to fansy stuff up! Look around... I'm sure there is something that would look nicer with some sparkle! Where's Menello's fishing rod?

Roman

I'm DONE with glitter nail polish. I love the way it looks but it is a hellish nightmare to remove.

There is a special polish remover for the glitter stuff. Save the polish for your Granddaughter. You have a granddaughter right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is a special polish remover for the glitter stuff. Save the polish for your Granddaughter. You have a granddaughter right?

She turns one year old tomorrow. It's gonna be a little while before she's wearing glitter polish. :ohwell:

mitzi

I was glittering my nails up too. Why is the stuff so hard to remove?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And glitter is back!

I got a peel-off base coat that I put down before the glitter polish and when I'm ready to change it peels right off.

Also, proper glitter application:

Use a peel-off base coat.
Paint liquid latex around your nail and on the cuticle.
Apply the glitter polish to a small sponge and stamp it onto your nail.
Add more as needed for a full glitter effect.
Peel off the latex barrier.
BOOM! Full glitter nail! That peels right off when you're ready to get rid of it!

What happens is the sponge soaks up the liquid of the glitter polish, leaving just the glitter behind, which then transfers heavily to the nail.

mani-glitternail.jpg