Truck Repair, 2007 Ford F150, 5.4 L engine

stew77

Looking for someone who has the special tool to remove and replace my Sparkplugs in my 2007 F150 Ford Truck Vehicle has 70K mile on and has never had plugs replaced. Runs rough, to say the least; Fuel Injectors were cleaned, all filters cleaned, have ran nothing but Super unleaded for last 3 tanks. Ford wants $650.00 to $700.00+, and this includes plugs themselves. Plugs alone are $20.00 each, (total of $160.00). These plugs require a special tool to Remove and replace, and chances are the ceramic will break necessatating a tap and die?? Talked to three mechanics, Ford, and a independent Automotive Repair and still do not have a good deal. Can someone be recommended?? Email is: bs.otters@verizon.net

Colinsgrandma

Napa has a kit for this. My husband is a mechanic, he said "good luck. He also says $700 is not bad if that includes breakage. He says usually 1/2 break.

glhs837

Power with Control

Simple work gloves should be enough to make that bearable. plugs should cool down faster, making removal easier, so I can see that. And were it I, I would insist on the Champion plugs he linked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoSh9O3XOho

Seems the big problem is that theses super long plugs have a two piece lower shell, and that shell can separate, leaving the bottom half in the head. The Champions are one piece lowers, and should prevent that. I normally stick with OEM stuff, but sometimes they make choices that are not good for you. Like Dodges crappy lug nuts with the stupid chorem outer shell that can spin loose on the inner piece.

Grumpy

Looking for someone who has the special tool to remove and replace my Sparkplugs in my 2007 F150 Ford Truck Vehicle has 70K mile on and has never had plugs replaced. Runs rough, to say the least; Fuel Injectors were cleaned, all filters cleaned, have ran nothing but Super unleaded for last 3 tanks. Ford wants $650.00 to $700.00+, and this includes plugs themselves. Plugs alone are $20.00 each, (total of $160.00). These plugs require a special tool to Remove and replace, and chances are the ceramic will break necessatating a tap and die?? Talked to three mechanics, Ford, and a independent Automotive Repair and still do not have a good deal. Can someone be recommended?? Email is: bs.otters@verizon.net

Sorry, just sold my Lisle tool for removing the plugs from 4.6 and 5.4 engines..Lot of em on ebay/amazon relatively cheap.

Grumpy

Napa has a kit for this. My husband is a mechanic, he said "good luck. He also says $700 is not bad if that includes breakage. He says usually 1/2 break.

I was only 3 for 8..with the tool, its easy peasy..no way it should cost $700