WaWa gas prices

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
What's with WaWa gas prices going up when everywhere else is going down? BurchMart in Hollywood was cheaper last week and I paid under $2 in Glen Burnie last week. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
What's with WaWa gas prices going up when everywhere else is going down? BurchMart in Hollywood was cheaper last week and I paid under $2 in Glen Burnie last week. :shrug:

Because the buy contract happens when it happens, and if you signed the deal at the wrong time, you can end up on the dirty end of the stick. Used to see this at 84 Lumber, managers were responsible for individual store orders for lumber, and if they guessed wrong on where the monthly prices were going, they could end up having to sell boards at higher price because the market dropped a bit after they committed to buy

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Because the buy contract happens when it happens, and if you signed the deal at the wrong time, you can end up on the dirty end of the stick. Used to see this at 84 Lumber, managers were responsible for individual store orders for lumber, and if they guessed wrong on where the monthly prices were going, they could end up having to sell boards at higher price because the market dropped a bit after they committed to buy

you have been there a few times

WaWa in Cedarville was $2.10 on Friday, $2.19 yesterday and $2.07 this morning. 7-11 matches their price most of the time.

bilbur

WaWa in Cedarville was $2.10 on Friday, $2.19 yesterday and $2.07 this morning. 7-11 matches their price most of the time.

Just a thought but the price hike might have been an overreaction to the news that BP has to pay Billions due to the golf spill. I never quite understood that when some disaster hits some places will immediately hike there gas prices up. I always thought the gas was paid for and in the tanks so why would a disaster change the price of gas already paid for.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Generally though, SoMD gas prices are about 10-15 cents/gallon higher than other locations in the Wash/Balt metro area. I was surprised on Sunday night, the Royal Farms on west bound US-50 on Kent Island had regular gas for $2.09/gal.

molly_21

Have you been to Washington DC/Silver Spring (Kent Island to me does not count as Washington/Baltimore area. To me Washington/Baltimore area would be Silver Spring/Rockville/Ft. Meade/maybe even Annapolis, but not Kent Island. I count that as Eastern Shore)? When I worked in Silver Spring I found that gas prices were about waaaay higher than SoMD. If gas was $2.00 in Prince Frederick, it was about $2.40-$2.60 a gallon in Silver Spring. I live in southern Calvert, but work in St. Mary's. I find usually that St. Mary's is 5-10 cent cheaper than Solomons/Lusby/St.Leonard. The rare times like now were the prices between southern Calvert and California/Lexington Park/Hollywood are the same and even rarer when Solomons has cheaper prices than WaWa/Sheez in California/Lexington Park/Hollywood area. If Solomons/Lusby does have cheaper prices than WaWa or Sheez in St. Mary's it does not last long.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yea but taking a special trip there for gas you burn the savings in gas and toll getting there.

:yeahthat: That's why I always stock up on cigarettes for my mother, friends, and myself. Chances of being caught are slim to none, to boot.

Have you been to Washington DC/Silver Spring (Kent Island to me does not count as Washington/Baltimore area. To me Washington/Baltimore area would be Silver Spring/Rockville/Ft. Meade/maybe even Annapolis, but not Kent Island. I count that as Eastern Shore)? When I worked in Silver Spring I found that gas prices were about waaaay higher than SoMD. If gas was $2.00 in Prince Frederick, it was about $2.40-$2.60 a gallon in Silver Spring. I live in southern Calvert, but work in St. Mary's. I find usually that St. Mary's is 5-10 cent cheaper than Solomons/Lusby/St.Leonard. The rare times like now were the prices between southern Calvert and California/Lexington Park/Hollywood are the same and even rarer when Solomons has cheaper prices than WaWa/Sheez in California/Lexington Park/Hollywood area. If Solomons/Lusby does have cheaper prices than WaWa or Sheez in St. Mary's it does not last long.

20 years working in Silver Spring. Gas is a minimum of $0.20 higher here than in SoMD.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Shell at major intersection 1.95 this AM. SpeedWay across the hwy 1.95. @ 1500, Shell 2.15, while SW was 1.95. Guess where I filled up for .20 per gallon less........

DEEKAYPEE8569

Yea but taking a special trip there for gas you burn the savings in gas and toll getting there.

It's only worth the trip to King George if you are passing through. When we used to drive to Norfolk or Nashville, we would stop at the Sheetz; and then two or three more times along the way when heading to Nashville. Gas prices used to get lower, the further south you travelled. Not anymore. Using the highest price in both Nashville and here, $2.26 here and $1.96 in Nashville; $1.89 where my Brother lives; just outside of Nashville.