Jerry's in PF - OMG!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Went for lunch today and it was incredible. Monello had the mariner's platter - soft shell, scallops, crabcake, haddock, shrimp, and oysters - and I had the fried shrimp. Of course we both had the delicious kale as a side. In addition, Jerry brought us haddock bites, marinated salmon, steamed shrimp, and more scallops. Everything was amazing. I was going to pick out a few items to highlight, but honestly it was all good. The scallops were tender and flavorful, with the perfect breading, and the crabcake is simply the best in SoMD, with enormous chunks of crab and zero filler (no kidding, they are gluten-free). The shrimp were large and delicious, the haddock was delectable - everything was fresh and well-cooked. The salmon that we got as a bonus treat might be my favorite thing I ate; it was just a simple teriyaki marinade but it really made that fish addictive.

It's expensive, but definitely worth it and then some.

Jerry's is probably the friendliest restaurant in Maryland, if not the US, which means the world. They greet you, chat with you, give you snacks - it's a great environment. Our waitress was Nancy and she took good care of us - I also know her personally so it was nice to see her.

I've praised Jerry's many times on here before so, yeah, here's another one. :lol:

RPMDAD

Agree 100% vrai with everything you said. Always great food and service and super friendly owners. I always give it three thumbs up.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Sgt. Z and I went one evening and Jerry gave us so many samples, it more than made up for the cost of the meals we had. I love the kale and the stewed tomatoes. It's a great place!

sparkyaclown

Someone told me that the read in the paper that Jerry's filed for bankruptcy and closed. Can anyone verify this? Their website makes no mention of it and with the amount of business they get it seems hard to believe.

MR47930

Someone told me that the read in the paper that Jerry's filed for bankruptcy and closed. Can anyone verify this? Their website makes no mention of it and with the amount of business they get it seems hard to believe.

Hopefully that is Jerrys subs and Pizza because that place is awful. If Jerrys seafood closes that will suck because they have great food and service...and I have a gift card that I haven't used yet!

Chris0nllyn

Doubt it. He did scale back hours though.

Forkian

The place looks like a dump on the outside & attached to a tire shop. So I never really considered it as a nice place to go out to eat. Is it nicer on the inside?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The place looks like a dump on the outside & attached to a tire shop. So I never really considered it as a nice place to go out to eat. Is it nicer on the inside?

The food is amazingly delicious.

And just by osmosis, in regards to the tire shop next door, I bet even their tires taste delicious.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
painting of bunck of locals and friends, its nice, classic diner drive in and dive. GOOD , but expensive.....

I was there Friday a week ago. Still awesome food. Jerry was still passing out the samples to those waiting.

PeoplesElbow

The best Mexican restaurant I ever ate in was also a tire store, tires were stacked up all over and the place smelled like new tires.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The best Mexican restaurant I ever ate in was also a tire store, tires were stacked up all over and the place smelled like new tires.

The best food is usually found in some terrible looking building. The best tacos I ever had were served out of a scary looking van in Chico, CA that I'm not sure was even legal.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

There use to be a BBQ place in Waldorf that was in an auto garage. It was up by the police barracks. I forget the name but I'm sure that place is long gone.

PeoplesElbow

The best food is usually found in some terrible looking building. The best tacos I ever had were served out of a scary looking van in Chico, CA that I'm not sure was even legal.

The smell of rubber was a bit overwhelming at times, but I would go back in an instant if I found myself near there again. Might have my car reshoed while there too.

luvmygdaughters

There use to be a BBQ place in Waldorf that was in an auto garage. It was up by the police barracks. I forget the name but I'm sure that place is long gone.

If I thinking of the right place, it was Pat & Gigi's. When I was a kid, my parents would take us there for BBQ. Always delicious.

OldHillcrestGuy

The Jerry's that went belly up was the one in Lanham Md. which was bought from Jerry several years ago. They kept the Jerry name but no way related to the current Jerry's Place.

Hank

my war
The Jerry's that went belly up was the one in Lanham Md. which was bought from Jerry several years ago. They kept the Jerry name but no way related to the current Jerry's Place.

Yeah, I think it was his nephew or somethin'...

Some kind of family feud went down, I believe...