So, Liberals are the only ones that are hate-filled?

rraley

For some time now, many Republicans have made the case that liberals and partisan Democrats are just hate-filled and completely mean-spirited, etc., etc. Well, here's this wonderful example of conservative benevolence and kindness...

Here are some highlights from Ms. Coulter and oh man do they reflect the compassionate nature of Republicans....
Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston
Wow, I'm the Spawn of Satan...didn't know it.

My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazened with the "F-word" are my opponents
Except for Dick Cheney; he's wearing the f-word shirts and even using it EVERYWHERE.

My pretty-girl allies stick out like a sore thumb amongst the corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons they call "women" at the Democratic National Convention.
I'm not even going to address that one - there are plenty of pretty girls in either party.

I thought this was a great idea until I realized the nut category did not include Sharpton, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Teddy Kennedy --
Wow, thanks, Ann for uplifting the tone in the political dialogue.

but for the last 20 years found himself voting mostly Republican. Then he corrected himself and said he votes for the American.
Remember, Democrats are not Americans...only Republicans are.

Great column, Ms. Coulter.

Last edited:

Spoiled

Air america was tearing her apart today :p

they are having fun there... Fanken had Sean Hannity on his show... was quite entertaining... Both where good sports though

SamSpade

The difference being, if Ann calls libs "spawn of Satan", people know she is being tongue in cheek. She doesn't believe they ARE that, nor anything close. It's the kind of insult you give your teenagers.

But if Franken, or Gore, or Moore or McAuliffe say it, they back it up, because they MEAN it.

By the way - THIS was the column USA Today was planning to run in its coverage of the Democratic convention, an idea that it might be interesting to run coverage from the "other" side. They plan to have Michael Moore cover the Republican Party convention (no kidding).

But they pulled the plug on Ann. While Moore is sure to be rude and insulting, apparently Ann was a little too much for them.

sifl

I'm just wondering why Gore/Tipper, Kerry/Teresa, Kerry/Edwards et al think we want to see them dry humping on stage all the time. :barf:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by SamSpade
The difference being, if Ann calls libs "spawn of Satan", people know she is being tongue in cheek. She doesn't believe they ARE that, nor anything close. It's the kind of insult you give your teenagers.

But if Franken, or Gore, or Moore or McAuliffe say it, they back it up, because they MEAN it.

By the way - THIS was the column USA Today was planning to run in its coverage of the Democratic convention, an idea that it might be interesting to run coverage from the "other" side. They plan to have Michael Moore cover the Republican Party convention (no kidding).

But they pulled the plug on Ann. While Moore is sure to be rude and insulting, apparently Ann was a little too much for them.
Yup, free speech stiffled in the media.

Last edited:

rraley

The difference being, if Ann calls libs "spawn of Satan", people know she is being tongue in cheek. She doesn't believe they ARE that, nor anything close.

Do you honestly believe that? I mean this woman wrote a book about how Democrats are guilty of treason. I think that she is just as mean-spirited as Republicans would like to say the Democrats are. BTW, the USA Today picked up a former National Review correspondent to cover the convention from a conservative train of thought.

SamSpade

Originally posted by rraley
Do you honestly believe that? I mean this woman wrote a book about how Democrats are guilty of treason. I think that she is just as mean-spirited as Republicans would like to say the Democrats are. BTW, the USA Today picked up a former National Review correspondent to cover the convention from a conservative train of thought.

Have you *READ* "Treason"? It's a great book, and covers a lot of territory. I'm seriously considering re-thinking everything I ever believed about McCarthy. Consider that liberals almost always have taken the "America is wrong" end of the argument FIRST. They were on the side of the Rosenbergs. They sided with the North Vietnamese.

This is part of Ann's style, and I've been following her through some fashion over the last ten years. When she wrote that column regarding the Taliban, destroying the giant Buddha and killing Christian missionaries, she suggested "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. "
It's the type of illustrative hyperbole I've come to expect from her.
Ann is trying to be funny, and her humor is lost unfortunately on a lot of people.

Secondly - it sure ISN'T a great testimony to liberals, that they have to FIND harsh, critical material to counter the MoveOn's, the Franken's, the Moore's. When she compares Kerry to Stalin or Hitler, *maybe* I'll agree with you.

If it weren't for her serious stuff, I'd pretty much consider her in the same league as Dennis Miller, making fun without commenting too much.

Moxick

For some time now, many Republicans have made the case that liberals and partisan Democrats are just hate-filled and completely mean-spirited, etc., etc.

They are.

I've seen no mention that they're the only ones who behave thusly.

Here are some highlights from Ms. Coulter and oh man do they reflect the compassionate nature of Republicans....

Ann Coulter?

You're citing Ann Coulter as the new mouthpiece of the Republican Party?

:lmao:

The woman represents Republicans like Ted Rall represents Democrats. Which is to say that she's a fringe psycho.

It's people like Ann Coulter that are part of the reason I haven't just gone ahead and registered myself as a Republican - (Plus a bunch of other stuff, but that's a whole nother can o worms).

And its the sheer morbid hypocrisy of the left that keeps me away from the Democratic party.

"Hypocrisy from Democrats?!", you ask? Yes indeedy. Lemme just give you a f'rinstance off the top of my head.

Democrats tout themselves as the modern bastion of progressiveness, openmindedness and tolerance. They are defenders of the minorities, and the little guy, and they slam anyone or anything who has the NERVE - the AUDACITY - to use blanket statements against anyone or anything. It's totally gauche and un-PC. It promotes bigotry, and is just plain evil. (Just mention black and welfare in the same sentence, and watch the eyelids start to twitch - you'll be innundated with liberal repremands and accusations of bigotry.)

So, stereotypes and generalizations are bad.

"Here are some highlights from Ms. Coulter and oh man do they reflect the compassionate nature of Republicans"

...Unless, of course, the stereotype and generalization can be used to slam anyone who doesn't buy into your ideology. Then it's just dandy and encouraged.

Here's another f'rinstance: You mentioned compassion. Presumably since you're decrying Republicans for their lack, you admire Democrats for their abundance. Dems are the bastions of compassion, while the GOP is evil and putrid.

Yet, I remember the singing and dancing in the streets when Rumsfeld was in the hospital. And don't get me started on the disgusting displays of horrific vitirol and bile that I saw when Reagan died.

Their excuse was "It's not uncompassionate when the person suffering or dead deserves it."

HAH! How about that for the compassionate nature of the Democrats? Nice huh?

Qualified compassion is not compassion in any sense of the word that I know of.

It's stuff like this that defines the mindsets of just about any liberal democrat that I've ever met. And when they are confronted with their own hypocrisy, they will deny it to my face, like I'm some kind of simpleton who can't see it with my own eyes.

There was a time a while ago when I wanted to be a democrat. I wanted to be a liberal. I really did.

Anyway, keep watch. I will be sitting back waiting for Ted Rall's column the day after the RNC starts, and ask you if you believe that his insane rantings are representative the entire Democratic party.

Spoiled

Have you *READ* "Treason"? It's a great book, and covers a lot of territory. I'm seriously considering re-thinking everything I ever believed about McCarthy. Consider that liberals almost always have taken the "America is wrong" end of the argument FIRST. They were on the side of the Rosenbergs. They sided with the North Vietnamese.

This is part of Ann's style, and I've been following her through some fashion over the last ten years. When she wrote that column regarding the Taliban, destroying the giant Buddha and killing Christian missionaries, she suggested "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. "
It's the type of illustrative hyperbole I've come to expect from her.
Ann is trying to be funny, and her humor is lost unfortunately on a lot of people.

Secondly - it sure ISN'T a great testimony to liberals, that they have to FIND harsh, critical material to counter the MoveOn's, the Franken's, the Moore's. When she compares Kerry to Stalin or Hitler, *maybe* I'll agree with you.

If it weren't for her serious stuff, I'd pretty much consider her in the same league as Dennis Miller, making fun without commenting too much.
IIRC that was the book that had a bunch of half-truths and lies in it... She doesnt understand what a footnote is and knows how to abuse the nexus to twist information

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Spoiled
IIRC that was the book that had a bunch of half-truths and lies in it... She doesnt understand what a footnote is and knows how to abuse the nexus to twist information

Michael Moore, anyone?

Spoiled

Originally posted by Toxick
Michael Moore, anyone?
yes comparing her to mcihael moore is about right...

speaking of moore hes gonna be on oreily tonite... too bad ill be at work

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Coulter's rant made her sound like a spoiled, self-obsessed cheerleader who looks down on unattractive females. She sounded almost as bad as Linda Chavez who, when running for the Senate against Barbara Mikulski, used code to imply that her opponent was a lesbian.

Coulter is just as extreme and self-obsessed as Michael Moore. God help us if those two get married like Carville and Matalin and have children.

SamSpade

Originally posted by Spoiled

Where'd you get THAT info, Al Franken? Why don't you just READ the thing?

rraley

Ann Coulter is not the representative of the GOP, I know, but for several weeks, Republicans have been trying to say that Michael Moore and Whoopi Goldberg types speak for the whole Democratic Party. I was using GOP reasoning of guity by association in the earlier post Toxick. The post was full of sarcasm and veiled criticism of a current GOP system of blaming the other side for meaness, tying fringe types to Kerry, and then allowing their own fringe types to go off and say whatever they want (here, I am referring to Ed Gillepsie and the gang). Where's Ed Gillepsie today saying that we need to stop the attacks?

rraley

Well, I have not read Treason, Sam, but what I recall from my research of Joe McCarthy and his red hunt, he was way off and was nationally embarassed. Not sure what Ann Coulter pointed to, but for some reason I do not believe that her information was correctly placed forward.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Ann Coulter is to Republicans what Geanine Garafalo is to Liberals. It is not the same thing as Gore, Kennedy, and Kerry selling hate and fear of Republicans. They are actually politicians. I can find people of any political color who are hate filled. There are people of every race, religion, and creed who are hate filled. However, the people representing them at the top shouldn't all be hate selling anti-other side angermongers.

:biggrin:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Ann Coulter

As has been mentioned, Ann Coulter is fringe Republican, certainly not representative of the GOP as a whole. I read her articles each week, and most of them I find hard to follow or slightly humorous at best. Sometimes she has a gem of an idea, but it usually gets quickly lost in her ramblings. I also started to read "Treason" but never finished it, for lack of interest. Read her articles, and you'll know the book. :biggrin:

Even the liberally-labeled "closet" Republican Bill O'Reilly brings Coulter on as guest only sparingly, since she tends to leap off the deep end.