Hope is dead if you don't vote Democrat

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Hope and an equal chance at the American dream are at stake in this year's presidential election, speaker after speaker said Tuesday during the second night of the Democratic National Convention in Boston.

This is the message they are selling. You have no hope or American dream unless you vote Democrat. Not the party of hate and fear, eh? :lmao:

IF YOU VOTE FOR BUSH, YOU ARE VOTING NO TO HOPE! YOU ARE VOTING NO TO THE AMERICAN DREAM!!

This brought to you by your local digital brownshirt.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Just wait

sack.jpg

Spoiled

As opposed to the whole "Democrats are anti-american terrorists" "the left hates america" or "you should go join the rag-heads"

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Originally posted by Spoiled
As opposed to the whole "Democrats are anti-american terrorists" "the left hates america" or "you should go join the rag-heads"

Where are our lead politicians selling this? Not some minor figures, but our actual leaders? This was your democratic leadership.

What people say on message boards and other places is not the leadership of the party.

SamSpade

What's false about "the Left hates America"? That's been their underlying philosophy for as long as I can remember. It's not just that they're against America when Republicans are in office - you name it, they've been against the way Americans live and do things. When people like Moore or Chomsky write books about what's wrong with America, they don't just point the finger at Republicans.

When Moore goes overseas and says that Americans are the stupidest people on earth - that *isn't* hating America? Excuse me, but it sure don't sound like *love*. When Hollywood celebrities choose to live overseas because they're 'ashamed' of their country - that's not hating America?

This is the central theme of most of what they write and do - and it's not the soul-searching critique of someone hoping to transform and change the nation. It's persons who make a living criticizing the nation in front of other countries eager to hear it.

SamSpade

Originally posted by FromTexas
Where are our lead politicians selling this? Not some minor figures, but our actual leaders? This was your democratic leadership.

What people say on message boards and other places is not the leadership of the party.

Agreed. When MoveOn compares Bush to *HITLER* however, someone somewhere has to step up to the plate and say, I'm sorry, I'm a Democrat and that ain't right. Even if you don't like Bush, it ain't right. and at the VERY LEAST it marginalizes the suffering of millions of Holocaust victims and the tens of millions who died or suffered during the second World War.

Spoiled

Originally posted by FromTexas

It was the parties leadership, i dont live my life based on party lines or policy.... If anyone does and they arent getting paid to do so then they are just sad... I dont worship Kerry's or who ever is incharge's words like the bible... And to think all people believe and follow what their leader says is BS... Bush has said some pretty dumb stuff, which i dont agree with... That is what extremeists do.... It matters what you do and believe, not the leader of your party, specialy when you dont have to vote according to party lines....

And saying you think people in america are stupid isnt saying you hate america.... because there are a lot of stupid people here... a lot of you think im a moron and the feeling is mutual between us...

SamSpade

And saying you think people in america are stupid isnt saying you hate america.... because there are a lot of stupid people here... a lot of you think im a moron and the feeling is mutual between us...

But THAT means you LOOOOOVE us, right?

rraley

Originally posted by SamSpade
Agreed. When MoveOn compares Bush to *HITLER* however, someone somewhere has to step up to the plate and say, I'm sorry, I'm a Democrat and that ain't right.

I am a staunch Democrat and I do not support President Bush in this election. I also do not believe that President Bush could honestly be compared to Hitler; of course when you twist things, you can make him or any other person seem like Hitler. For instance, I took a personality test and my personality type was shared by Hitler; you could say that I was just like Hitler, but that is just a stretch and does not make any sense (and other good people share my personality including FDR and Thomas Jefferson).

That being said, moveon.org did not compare Bush to Hitler. One person made an ad independent of the organization and it was displayed on their website for a couple days until the moveon people found it and removed it. Furthermore, how does moveon.org, which is much more liberal than John Kerry, speak for the Democratic Party? If they speak for me and other Democrats, then Ann Coulter's column from yesterday speaks for all Republicans too.

On to the topic at hand, the American dream, etc. Yes, the Democratic Party is making a veiled attack and is saying that voting for Democrats will lead to a greater fulfillment of the American dream. I believe that as do millions of other Democrats and independents. In a month the GOP will say that the only way to keep America safe is to elect George W. Bush and vote for Republicans. I don't agree with that, but many of you here do. These are statements that can be construed as attacks, but I see them as merely formulating a message for victory in November.

SamSpade

It was the parties leadership, i dont live my life based on party lines or policy....

YOU may not, but the question was about Democrats - and the party leaders DO. It is TOTALLY reasonable to make statements regarding the Democratic party with respect to its leadership.

It is NOT reasonable to make statements about Democrats if the source is just some guy down the block that you know.

Same goes for any organization - you cannot fault it for the actions of *members*, but you CAN fault it if those actions are sanctioned by *leadership*.

SamSpade

Originally posted by rraley
In a month the GOP will say that the only way to keep America safe is to elect George W. Bush and vote for Republicans. I don't agree with that, but many of you here do. These are statements that can be construed as attacks, but I see them as merely formulating a message for victory in November.

If there was only ONE issue regarding this election, and that issue was terror, there is no question in my mind whatsoever I prefer Bush to Kerry. I think he is extraordinarily indecisive and weak when it comes to the kind of leadership needed in facing up to the threat of terror, and I do think a Kerry administration would be less effective in dealing with problems regarding security, intelligence and handling terror. Yes, I think electing him would certainly make us all less safe. While I don't necessarily believe Bush will totally ensure our safety, putting Kerry there I do believe is much worse.

SurfaceTension

Originally posted by rraley
One person made an ad independent of the organization and it was displayed on their website for a couple days until the moveon people found it and removed it.
Just to clarify, I don't believe it was so benign...IIRC moveon held a contest, in which the above-mentioned video was deemed the winner, and then displayed on the site.