Transit Benefit increase - more MD Commuter Bus riders?

birdonamission

This indeed is very good news and could get a lot more cars off the road. However, if it does attract more Maryland Commuter Bus riders from Southern Maryland, I hope MTA does something about buses being too full in the mornings (e.g. run more frequently) because some commuters are ending up having to wait for the next bus due to the long queues. This can cause people to be late for work (or have to move up their arrival time at the Park & Ride and get to work too EARLY). Even before this transit benefit boost, the "bus too full" problem is already happening to me and others at the Accokeek Park & Ride near the P.G. / Charles County border (I live in northern Charles County), being the last Maryland stop on the route before it heads to downtown D.C. Don't bother calling the bus contractors (i.e. Martz, Dillon's, etc.) to complain about it; they just provide the service that MTA contracts them to provide. The person at the MTA customer service line told me he would bring it up to the appropriate officials, but I obviously think this could be more of problem with the better incentive of the benefit increase and hope more than ever that they don't just brush it off.

I posted this comment on wtop.com but interested in my SOMD Online forum fellows' thoughts. Thanks...