Duct Cleaning?????

GregV814

who the heck cleans the ducks??? they are nothing but birds that swim in a pond and get shot by the Duck Dynasty hicks...they do a good job of cleaning themselves...but they poop all over the place....cleaning ducks......

Oh wait, ducts......nevermind........

We checked into this this year when we had the HVAC serviced. We were advised that the ducts could be cleaned, but was also advised to have a whole house humidifier installed after the cleaning so that the majority of dust that flows through the HVAC would be trapped. Makes sense. Not cheap, but probably better than dealing with the allergies every year and dry, dry air in the winter.

SoMdDude

Just make sure they drill holes in the main trunk lines to clean... dont worry they put plugs in them and are sealed fine.
A lot of places just hook up a blower to the main trunk and blow air through the system while brushing out each vent (not a real cleaning)

Agee

Just make sure they drill holes in the main trunk lines to clean... dont worry they put plugs in them and are sealed fine.
A lot of places just hook up a blower to the main trunk and blow air through the system while brushing out each vent (not a real cleaning)

I used Serv Pro and that's how it was done.

Was re-insulating my return and taken a section apart to inspect, total funk! Figured the supply ducts were just as funky so had it done. I had never had it done and had lived in the house for twenty years, so I expected a mess! Does cut down significantly on dust and allergens!

morningrain

I would recommend Certified and Air Duct Cleaning 301-862-2730. It is small company locally owned so sometimes you have to leave them a message but they will call you back. The feedback I have always received from my customer on them is wonderful. I also usually hear good things about his pricing as well.