I don't know if this existed but have to ask!

Justme2

So I met up with an old classmate after 30 years Via Facebook. Claims when he was a young teen he grew up here in Southern Md. He is either pulling my chain or telling me the truth but there is no way I would know. OK so he claims there was a bar or restaurant, Inn, Pub that had short 2ft bar stools to look out over the bay and the area behind the bar was dug out enough so that the bar tender was looking in the face. DOES ANYBODY GOT A CLUE WHERE THIS WAS OR IS? DID IT EVER EXIST? Could of been called SWAN INN?

Now he knew too much about the area to be just pulling my leg/chain. He was telling about things like the Green Door bar and Rose's bar and schools in the area.

Forkian

It's true! It was called the Oakwood Lodge at Piney Point! They also had a minimum height requirement to work there. I think it was about 5'8", if I remember correctly. They had a sign that said "you must be this tall to ride"! Had many a good times on those little bar stools! Ahh....those were the days.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have a great picture of him at the Ark and Dove..............good times had by all at Oakwood............

I can still picture in my mind's eye Uncle Andy sitting in "his" chair at the west end of the bar. And, as was often the case, Butch sitting next to him.