IRS Scammers

GopherM

Darwin was right
I finally got my final notice call today that there was a pending action with the federal magistrate court or federal grand jury in relation to a complaint filed by the U.S. Treasury Department and that I must contact them immediately so they could help me avoid my immediate arrest. They called me on my cell phone from 202-800-5569. In addition to reporting it to the local police I also visited the Treasury Departments Scam reporting site. There is a quick form you can fill out there. The more complaints filed the better.

https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contact_report_scam.shtml

The scammers don't like it when you call them back at the number they provide and let them know it has been turned over to law enforcement (which the police department advised me to do) and they very quickly hang up on you.

sparkyaclown

You should try calling them back repeatedly. They really love it. After a few times though they block your number.

GopherM

Darwin was right
I did call them back repeatedly. I told them that they had been reported to the U.S. Treasure Dept. and there was a warrant for their arrest and asked how it felt for them to get the call. They hung up on me a couple of times. Once they told me that I was not calling from the number that I had been contacted on and unless I called back from that number they would not talk to me. Then, because they could see my number, they just stopped answering.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Love getting those calls, I string them along as long as I can. Keep all you other good folks from being bothered by these phuckers

I've been getting those on my landline for a year. I never answer that phone. They can talk to the answering machine all they want. Then I delete them.

wubbles

All I get are calls that start off with an obnoxiously loud horn and then they tell me I won a cruise.

PeoplesElbow

Love getting those calls, I string them along as long as I can. Keep all you other good folks from being bothered by these phuckers

Wasting their time is the best thing you can do.

My mom keeps a whistle by the phone whenever Habib calls to tell her he wants to fix her computer.

Vince

Yeah, got one of those IRS scammers a while back. Reported the phone number to the fraud hotline. Even they told me when they go after them,
they just change the number again and go after someone else. Guess it was a waste of time reporting them.