Hateful Eight

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Horrible movie, IMHO. Not a big fan of Tarantino anyway but, Hubby didn't like it either and he likes Tarantino.

I was just going to watch that last night but ended up watching Forsaken with Kiefer Sutherland & Demi Moore. :yay:

I didn't make it through Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds but loved Django Unchained. :shrug:

luvmygdaughters

I was just going to watch that last night but ended up watching Forsaken with Kiefer Sutherland & Demi Moore. :yay:

I didn't make it through Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds but loved Django Unchained. :shrug:

I started to get the Forsaken but hubby wanted Hateful Eight. DId you like Forsaken?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I LOVED hateful 8! I didn't think I would, SO dragged me to it. I cant stand Tarantino usually but this movie was smart amnd interesting, it was just like watching a Tenesee Williams play

luvmygdaughters

I LOVED hateful 8! I didn't think I would, SO dragged me to it. I cant stand Tarantino usually but this movie was smart amnd interesting, it was just like watching a Tenesee Williams play

:confused: which play would that be? Streetcar Named Desire, Suddenly Last Summer? It was the longest 2 hours and 45 minutes I can remember. To me the story was just ridiculous and the unnecessary amount of blood and guts was sickening. Don't get me wrong, I understand the blood and guts thing, but, honestly, it was way overdone. But again, just my opinion.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Horrible movie, IMHO. Not a big fan of Tarantino anyway but, Hubby didn't like it either and he likes Tarantino.

I concur, and I'm a huge Tarantino fan, I even liked From Dusk Til Dawn. :lol: Tarantino seems to love throwing in the "N Word" in everything he does these days. It fit for Django Unchained, but not really for this movie. He was trying way too hard on the dialogue in this one, and it failed. The movie was a total stinker. :boo:

lovinmaryland

OMG I LOVED Inglorious Basterds! That one was my fav!
I concur, and I'm a huge Tarantino fan, I even liked From Dusk Til Dawn. :lol: Tarantino seems to love throwing in the "N Word" in everything he does these days. It fit for Django Unchained, but not really for this movie. He was trying way too hard on the dialogue in this one, and it failed. The movie was a total stinker. :boo:
UGH so don't bother renting it?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
:confused: which play would that be? Streetcar Named Desire, Suddenly Last Summer? It was the longest 2 hours and 45 minutes I can remember. To me the story was just ridiculous and the unnecessary amount of blood and guts was sickening. Don't get me wrong, I understand the blood and guts thing, but, honestly, it was way overdone. But again, just my opinion.

I meant that it had a very southern grotesque feel to it, much like tenesee williams. I happen to be a huge fan of that sort of literature, though. Faulkner, O'Conner, Cormac McCarthy etc. That genre uses the fantastic and unbelievable to make a point about the mundane... Even the dialogue and staging was reminiscent (and of course the requisite evil/problamatic woman lol) the movie was filled with neat imagery that served to underscore the themes he was playing with..the cross in the snow, the rage at the door, the long scene when they are putting up the line to the outhouse,etc. It is a very FUNNY and beautiful movie, and I was very surprised by the quality of the rather positive end message. BUT im probably biased as southern Lit is somthing I REALLLLLY truly love.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So we watched 8 the other night, she picked it thinking we'd enjoy a nice western with a Tarantino twist.
We got twist alright. When a movie starts by asking you to believe in, I presume, horse drawn snow plows, it's probably gonna ask you to just accept a lot worse as it goes along.

But, ok. We gave it a chance. And we wasted that chance. I don't even know where to begin with this clunker. Best and shortest I can come up with is he started with an improbable but at least possibly entertaining story and then ran out of ideas, got high and took the worst of reservoir dogs and pulp fiction and just threw the rest together just to get it over with. He may have even let some 13 year old boys finish it just to see if they'd...make the rest like 13 year old boys who loved the worst of PF and RD.

She asked several times of we should just give it up but no. I was morbidly fascinated to see how much worse it could get. So, there is your redeeming characteristic: it's that bad and maybe you'd enjoy sitting through a really, really bad movie?