Boarding a dog... Recomendations???

Restitution

Possibly looking to board my dog (small breed, 12 lbs.) for about 1 week. Can anyone recomend a good boarding place for me? Some place that will take good care of her while I am out of town AND not break the bank.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as costs?

jrt_ms1995

Some place that will take good care of her while I am out of town AND not break the bank.

Sorry, but this ain't gonna happen. But then we pay for two so my bias (I'm a cheap bastard) is showing. Lately, we've been using Farmstead in Clements when we can't take them both with us.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't know where you are located, but we boarded our cats and dogs at Interlude Kennel in St. Leonard for many, many years. We haven't used them in the last 4 years, and don't board our current pet, but would use them again, if needed. They are great, and even send home a report card when you pick up your lovie. :lol:

http://interludepetresort.com/

Roman

When we go to Florida, it is cheaper for me to fly my Bostons (2 way), than it is to board them.

littlelady

God bless the USA
When we go to Florida, it is cheaper for me to fly my Bostons (2 way), than it is to board them.

I never looked into the flying with us. I just assumed it would be more expensive. That is what I get for assuming. :lol: I will definitely look into that if the situation arises, again. Thanks!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

I've thought about that in the past but I'm way to nervous to do it. So afraid something will happen. I'd love to take our dogs on vacay but finding a place to take 3 dogs is nearly impossible.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Indian Bridge Kennels
http://www.indianbridgekennels.com/

I put mine in the deluxe suite and it's just like a little room. But they also have a specific small dog boarding room if you only have one dog. My monsters don't want to come home when I go pick them up either. They say "hi glad to see you" and then take off down the hallway to their room. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Tell me how you do that. When I first got Apollo, I needed to transport him from TX to MD, and my airline said he'd have to go in baggage in a crate :mad: unless he was small enough to fit under the seat, which he is not. I was willing to buy him a ticket, but they said nope. What airline do you fly, and do you get the keep the pooches with you or do they get stowed?

Roman

Tell me how you do that. When I first got Apollo, I needed to transport him from TX to MD, and my airline said he'd have to go in baggage in a crate :mad: unless he was small enough to fit under the seat, which he is not. I was willing to buy him a ticket, but they said nope. What airline do you fly, and do you get the keep the pooches with you or do they get stowed?
Depending who has the cheapest rates, we'll go with them, so it varies. Both of my girls fit under the seat. They are the only carry-ons that we bring. Our place in Florida has all our stuff there. The kicker is that when we first moved down there, we were told that the dogs had to have special forms filled out at the Vet, that had their shot records and other information on it. That form cost $100.00 each. Never once did anyone ask to see those papers. It usually costs about $180.00 both ways.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Both of my girls fit under the seat.

Rats. (Not for you, for me.)

When I was coming back from somewhere, I saw a lady at the airport with a small dog, Apollo's size, waiting for her bags. I asked her how she got the dog on the flight and she said with a smile, "He's my comfort animal. I have onset Alzheimer's and he's a registered service dog." Now, this woman was as lucid as you or me, so I need to find a doctor who will agree that I have onset Alzheimer's - apparently social anxiety issues will work as well - so Apollo can be a service dog and I can take my special snowflake with me whenever I want.

stew77

We use a Person called Gin's Doggy Home Tail in Mechanicsville.. Phone No is: 301-904-7670. She has always been great with my two older dogs (both are 15) Jack Russell and Doxie. Both are old and overweight and like to eat, sleep, poop that is about it. Gin is a great person..

Roman

Rats. (Not for you, for me.)

When I was coming back from somewhere, I saw a lady at the airport with a small dog, Apollo's size, waiting for her bags. I asked her how she got the dog on the flight and she said with a smile, "He's my comfort animal. I have onset Alzheimer's and he's a registered service dog." Now, this woman was as lucid as you or me, so I need to find a doctor who will agree that I have onset Alzheimer's - apparently social anxiety issues will work as well - so Apollo can be a service dog and I can take my special snowflake with me whenever I want.
Tell the Doctor that you have PTSD, and Apollo will be granted a Service Dog Certificate. He won't have to go in a carrier either, and he'll get a little vest that has "Service Dog" Embroidered on it. If I can remember correctly, there would be no fee for him to fly. Not sure about that though, but something to check out.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
You can buy "service dog" vests online through Amazon. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tell the Doctor that you have PTSD, and Apollo will be granted a Service Dog Certificate. He won't have to go in a carrier either, and he'll get a little vest that has "Service Dog" Embroidered on it. If I can remember correctly, there would be no fee for him to fly. Not sure about that though, but something to check out.

:yay: