Italian Restaurant

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
Still trying to get some info. about Leone's in Wildewood. I'm hoping the rumors are true about Oakwood Lodge chef taking it over, I used to eat there all the time and it was real good. Anyone else heard anything?

flowerchild

Hairy Harry
UhUh!

They went in there right after the hurricane, but they haven't been there for a while....can't you tell by the posts about how far downhill the food has gone?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: UhUh!

Originally posted by flowerchild
They went in there right after the hurricane, but they haven't been there for a while....can't you tell by the posts about how far downhill the food has gone?
Evan's or Leone's and what posts are you talking about? :confused:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Re: UhUh!

Originally posted by flowerchild

I live in that area and i heard it has really gone downhill.
The last time i went was in April and it was good then.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I went to Evan's at the end of June for the wife's birthday and had excellent food. The merger of Oakwood and Evan's was going to happen without Isabelle, all she did was speed it up. I think like any change there will be growing pains. But I will continue to go there when I want a Black Diamond.

What's a black diamond? And don't nobody tell me its a hunk of coal, awaiting great heat and pressure.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Originally posted by Ken King
I went to Evan's at the end of June for the wife's birthday and had excellent food. The merger of Oakwood and Evan's was going to happen without Isabelle, all she did was speed it up. I think like any change there will be growing pains. But I will continue to go there when I want a Black Diamond.

Thats what I had. I love their Black Diamond. :yum:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
What's a black diamond? And don't nobody tell me its a hunk of coal, awaiting great heat and pressure.
It's a steak that has been in a special marinade for 3 (?) days. Damn good stuff!

Danzig

marinade of
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 pinch garlic powder

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Danzig
marinade of
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 pinch garlic powder

Is this for the Black Diamond? If so, thanks!

mainman

Set Trippin
marinade of
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 pinch garlic powder
Sounds like a keeper...:yay:

marinade of
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 pinch garlic powder
Sounds very similar to the marinade the wife uses for venison.

flowerchild

Hairy Harry

The owners of Oakwood Lodge did go to Evans for about 6 months. They have since left and are opening an italian place where Leone's used to be in Wildewood. The guy I talked to told me they are gonna have REAL philly cheesesteaks and hoagies at lunch, plus pizza!