ISO Information Recommendation Needed For Remodeling Contractor

PeoplesElbow

Shop around, there is a huge disparity in prices. Estimates for my small bathroom ranged from $6k to $16k for the same level of work.

SandieGarry

Depends on the type of work you need. If it's just a facelift, new paint, fixtures and cabinets a whole lot easier to make recommendations. If it is a major project, changing walls and plumbing and such, tougher to find a quality contractor. Give us some more info on what you want and we'll help.

Popster

We want to replace tubs, put ceramic tile on floors and walls. Either buy cabinets or I'll make them. Plumbing and walls, etc already in place. I hope I can afford to have it done; I'm getting a bit old and my knees and back don't like bending! I do have skills and equipment to make the cabinets and do the work, just don't want to.

Goldenhawk

Cabinets, get the ready-to-install kind from Deans across from San Souci; plenty of options. Tile work from Parran's Flooring in L'town. Plumber - good luck, haven't found anyone I'm happy with. And that's after four flip/remodel houses. Hooking up your own new sink is not that hard. But swapping out a tub is quite a job.

Popster

Did you use a contractor to work on the flips? I rebuilt my house 35 years ago. It's now dated and a bit worn after 4 kids.

We just totally renovated a 4 bedroom 3 bath colonial in Bowie for under 40. Our contractor won't come this far south.

SandieGarry

Dean Lumber (either location for cabinets), Flooring America or Flooring Max for tile work, Rick Dean is the plumber we use. He's always on time, will do whatever it takes to do the job correctly, i.e. make necessary recommendations to fix minor issues while he's there. Sometimes, you can't see what's behind the cabinets until they are removed. He's saved our clients more times than I can count.

Goob

I've used Rick Dean a couple of times for somewhat major basement finish plumbing work and minor faucet replacement and was pleased with the results & cost. I recall a price per job vice a per hour cost.

keekee

Thinking of kitchen, baths, and wood floors. Any suggestions? Thanks

Didn't someone post a few months ago about a bathroom remodeler in the area?
I think he was ex-military, and had started his own business?
I was interested, and even looked at his website, and now I can't find the thread, and can't find the guy's website.
Folks were saying good things about him though.

Good to know about Rick Dean.
I have only ever used Jimmy Long - but he's mostly retired now.