Home brewing? Micro brewery?

joedancer

bookman
I visited a great micro brewery in Frederick the other day and was wondering if there are any closer to home. Anyone here brew their own beer? Any suggestions for getting started? Someone told me there was a micro brewery on the base. Any truth to this? Thanks for you all of your help!
Joe

joedancer

bookman
Flight Deck Lounge?

Originally posted by mAlice
The Flight Deck Lounge has a micro brewery.

Thanks, but where is it? I just looked it up in the phone book, but did not find it.
Joe

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Flight Deck Lounge?

Originally posted by joedancer
Thanks, but where is it? I just looked it up in the phone book, but did not find it.
Joe
It is on base near the Officers Quarters. Go in Gate Two and take 2nd left. Go to curve in road and it'll be on your left. I believe they are closed until September for renovations.

joedancer

bookman
and I found something else

Originally posted by RoseRed
It is on base near the Officers Quarters. Go in Gate Two and take 2nd left. Go to curve in road and it'll be on your left. I believe they are closed until September for renovations.
Thanks for this info. While looking in the yellow pages I found something else. In Leonardtown there is Danny's Homebrew on Bud's Creek Rd. Anyone ever heard of this? I am going to check them out today.
If anyone has experience with home brewing and wants to help a newbie, I would really appreciate it. I would like to try and brew a weizen beer. Not into the lighter beers at all.
Thanks
Joe

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: access to base

I do have access as my wife teaches at St. Mary's college.
Thanks!
Joe
:stupid: I fail to see the connection. :confused:

TWL

Kernel panic: Aiee.......
Re: and I found something else

I would like to try and brew a weizen beer. Not into the lighter beers at all.
Ohh...how I do miss an occasional Hefe-Weizen. If you brew some up, please do share. :biggrin:

John Z

if you will
I have had one of the microbrews from the BOQ bar, and it wasn't bad.

I am a brewpub fan too, and the closest place I can think of is Annapolis (Ram's Head Tavern) or Old Town Alexandria (Virginia Beverage Co).

In Alexandria, there is a do-it-yourself microbrewery called Shenandoah Brewing Co. I've thought about making a batch of beer there, but never got around to doing it.

:cheers:

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by SmallTown
Ya don't say.. :cheesy:

Oooohhh, yeah! (there should be a beer version of the Kool Aid Man)

http://www.shenandoahbrewing.com/

I guess they've grown a bit since I lived up there. They do their own beers too and serve food. When they started it was strictly do-it-yourself. You can keg your beer or even bottle it (with your own custom-designed labels). :smile: