The 10 Best Restaurants In Calvert County

As always, "best" is subjective.

My worst homemade quiche was better than the one I had at Lotus. And never been a fan of Boomerangs.

I would like to try out a few of the others on the list, just don't get up to Prince Frederick often anymore.

Hank

my war
I have always wanted to try Westlawn and forget about them. I tried going once a few years back, but unfortunately they were having a closed employee dinner party at the time...Has anyone been?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looks like I found 3 more places to eat. (Been to the others)

I've only been to two on that list...Neptunes and Boomerangs. Several I'd never even heard of..including Westlawns, which surprised me considering how much time I spent in North Beach back in the day.....

Chris0nllyn

As always, "best" is subjective.

My worst homemade quiche was better than the one I had at Lotus. And never been a fan of Boomerangs.

I would like to try out a few of the others on the list, just don't get up to Prince Frederick often anymore.

It's been a long time since I've been to Boomerangs. Can't really remember if it was good or not. :lol:

I disagree with Charles Street Brasserie - never have been terribly impressed with their food - and Fiesta (La Tolteca is much better). I'd add Ruddy Duck and Lighthouse as well.

Ruddy Duck should be on there. I'd even venture to say swap Duck with EZ Thai. I Haven't been to Lighthouse so I can't say.

You're crazy if you think La Tolteca is better than Fiesta.

I have always wanted to try Westlawn and forget about them. I tried going once a few years back, but unfortunately they were having a closed employee dinner party at the time...Has anyone been?

I was down that way the other day and said the same thing to my wife. I've yet to go or hear anything about it.(and for some reason can't seem to find anyone that's been).

Chris0nllyn

I've only been to two on that list...Neptunes and Boomerangs. Several I'd never even heard of..including Westlawns, which surprised me considering how much time I spent in North Beach back in the day.....

Westlawn, CD, and Lotus are my 3.

Neptunes is far and away my favorite on that list. I go there entirely too much. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Westlawn, CD, and Lotus are my 3.

Neptunes is far and away my favorite on that list. I go there entirely too much. :lol:

Close friend of mine since HS had "vacation" property in Holland Point...with a house and a cottage on it. Spent a lot of time hanging out there but it's been a few years. Still amazed I'd never heard of Westlawn; thought we'd been to every place there was in North/Ches Beach and Herrington stretch..including quite a few that are long gone.

Chris0nllyn

Close friend of mine since HS had "vacation" property in Holland Point...with a house and a cottage on it. Spent a lot of time hanging out there but it's been a few years. Still amazed I'd never heard of Westlawn; thought we'd been to every place there was in North/Ches Beach and Herrington stretch..including quite a few that are long gone.

So Westlawn is a money laundering front for a North Beach gang? :lol:

Chris0nllyn

Agree on both.

LT is much faster, but it's because their food is no different than Mexico or Monterey's.

Fiesta's owner is also tied to Las Placitas in DC. Awesome food there also.

LT does have 34oz beers though. That's always a plus.

Hank

my war
LT is much faster, but it's because their food is no different than Mexico or Monterey's.

Fiesta's owner is also tied to Las Placitas in DC. Awesome food there also.

LT does have 34oz beers though. That's always a plus.

Salsarita's is good as well.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I disagree with Charles Street Brasserie - never have been terribly impressed with their food - and Fiesta (La Tolteca is much better). I'd add Ruddy Duck and Lighthouse as well.
I've been twice and just thought it was - meh.
I have never been there, but I don't get up that way very often. I have friends that go there pretty frequently, so I assume they like it. On the other hand, another friend, whose son used to work there, said it wasn't so great. But then again, how many 25 y/o's appreciate good food and not McD's. :shrug:

Grumpy

Hit or miss list, and have to wonder where the ocean is from Neptunes ("A laidback neighborhood bar nestled not far from the ocean"). Haven't been to Neptunes lately, but always good. Been to the Brick Bistro twice, maybe unlucky but got lousy service both times(place was half empty both times), meals I got were unimpressive for the price. Ruddy Duck should have been included, amazed that it wasn't. Charles Street, so so. Fiesta is very good. Been saying for years to try Westlawn but haven't. Jerry's always good, known him for 40 yrs. CD Café I can take it or leave it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No mention of the Dry Dock. Has it gone downhill? I haven't been there in a few years.

Hank

my war
Hit or miss list, and have to wonder where the ocean is from Neptunes ("A laidback neighborhood bar nestled not far from the ocean"). Haven't been to Neptunes lately, but always good. Been to the Brick Bistro twice, maybe unlucky but got lousy service both times(place was half empty both times), meals I got were unimpressive for the price. Ruddy Duck should have been included, amazed that it wasn't. Charles Street, so so. Fiesta is very good. Been saying for years to try Westlawn but haven't. Jerry's always good, known him for 40 yrs. CD Café I can take it or leave it.

Must be unlucky...I have been to The Brick a lot and have never a bad meal. Can't comment on restaurant service, because I usually sit at the bar and service is spot on!