Ted Cruz suspends his campaign

DannyMotorcycle

How do you feel about that? i've only seen 2 homes with political signs in somd.. both trump... anecdotal and worthless i know. lol

wait make it 3, i forgot about my buddy scaggs.

I'd put up a trump sign too but i don't want to bait idiots. Do i think trump is the 2nd coming, no.. but better than any liberal...

BernieP

Resident PIA
I am embarrassed to say I am a US Citizen when this shamocary is the best we have to offer.
Ted Cruz had some good ideas, but his message was lost in his pandering to "his base".
Pardon me, but #### that, state your platform and what you think prepares you for the job of POTUS.

littlelady

God bless the USA
How do you feel about that? i've only seen 2 homes with political signs in somd.. both trump... anecdotal and worthless i know. lol

wait make it 3, i forgot about my buddy scaggs.

I'd put up a trump sign too but i don't want to bait idiots. Do i think trump is the 2nd coming, no.. but better than any liberal...

We just put a Trump sign in our yard yesterday. And, we had an Arness sign in our yard as of 6 months ago. It is funny that these two guys won even though the hate was incredible. So, much for trying to dig up crap. One must be careful about that because the crap dug up might bite you in the butt! :lol:

I draw the line that I will not put a Trump sticker on my 2003 'hang in there' 4 runner. That car has been incredible, and I don't want it to get 'keyed'.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

We just put a Trump sign in our yard yesterday. And, we had an Arness sign in our yard as of 6 months ago. It is funny that these two guys won even though the hate was incredible. So, much for trying to dig up crap. One must be careful about that because the crap dug up might bite you in the butt! :lol:

I draw the line that I will not put a Trump sticker on my 2003 'hang in there' 4 runner. That car has been incredible, and I don't want it to get 'keyed'.

I wouldn't gamble with a Hillary sticker either. Your 4 Runner might wind up looking like the surface of the moon, via sledgehammer. Trump supporters.....they're out there.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wouldn't gamble with a Hillary sticker either. Your 4 Runner might wind up looking like the surface of the moon, via sledgehammer. Trump supporters.....they're out there.....

Except that Trump supporters aren't the ones swarming around the opposition's rallies and gatherings, causing violence and trying to shut things down.

DannyMotorcycle

i know that's right, i won't even put it on my beatup F150... i was thinking about putting a bernie sticker on it for laughs.. the libtards might be so mad hillary stole it that they vote for trump lol

bilbur

I find the whole election up to this point sad. We live in a country with around 319 million people and the best we can come up with is 2 yahoos. Hillary would rather see money go to lazy people and criminals who contribute nothing and If she approves the $15 minimum wage it will be like everyone in the middle class gets a pay cut. Then there is Trump that would give tax breaks and expand loopholes for the corporations and probably piss off most of the other world leaders. While I am not a fan of giving money to every country I do realize the value of having allies around the world. Being a independent sucks, I really have no candidate I can get excited about. As far as I am concerned we have had 15 years of crappy leadership and it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the current candidates. At least Bernie finally dropped out because his ideas scared the hell out of me. Carson was another one that seemed like a nut and Cruz seemed like religion would play too big of a part in his presidency. Oh well, all I can hope for is I don't end up taxed into needing social programs myself. Obama care sure did hike up my insurance premiums so I guess we will see what is next. I guess all we can all do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

mitzi

I find the whole election up to this point sad. We live in a country with around 319 million people and the best we can come up with is 2 yahoos. Hillary would rather see money go to lazy people and criminals who contribute nothing and If she approves the $15 minimum wage it will be like everyone in the middle class gets a pay cut. Then there is Trump that would give tax breaks and expand loopholes for the corporations and probably piss off most of the other world leaders. While I am not a fan of giving money to every country I do realize the value of having allies around the world. Being a independent sucks, I really have no candidate I can get excited about. As far as I am concerned we have had 15 years of crappy leadership and it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with the current candidates. At least Bernie finally dropped out because his ideas scared the hell out of me. Carson was another one that seemed like a nut and Cruz seemed like religion would play too big of a part in his presidency. Oh well, all I can hope for is I don't end up taxed into needing social programs myself. Obama care sure did hike up my insurance premiums so I guess we will see what is next. I guess all we can all do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Bernie has not dropped out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
he is the illegal immigrants, welfare queens, and entitlement peoples wet dream.

I have a number of friends who are feelin' the Bern, and they call him the "love" candidate. As opposed to that hate candidate, Trump. Meaning Bernie is preaching love..love for the underprivileged, love for minorities, love love love. If you like love, vote for Bernie. If you don't like love, well, there's that other guy for you hate filled evil doers.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
I find the whole election up to this point sad. We live in a country with around 319 million people and the best we can come up with is 2 yahoos.
What the heck do you mean? Where have you been? The republican field started with 12 candidates. Donald Trump, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Jim Gilmore, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, and Mike Huckabee. That's 12 yahoo's right there. That's what primary elections do, whittle down the field to one. So maybe your guy didn't get traction, or maybe he/she didn't run. But the people have spoken, good or bad.

wubbles

You are right but it seems that it is all but over for him. At least I hope he is done, he is the illegal immigrants, welfare queens, and entitlement peoples wet dream.

Funny thing about Dems is they can choose whoever they want with super delegates and just win 40% from there. The fact that Bernie is hanging strong despite getting crapped on is pretty impressive. That said, MAGA.

calvcopf

3rd party & Independents never win, but would be fun to see someone else gain some traction. Where is Ross Perot these days?

calvcopf

If I may ...What the heck do you mean? Where have you been? The republican field started with 12 candidates. Donald Trump, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Jim Gilmore, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, and Mike Huckabee. That's 12 yahoo's right there. That's what primary elections do, whittle down the field to one. So maybe your guy didn't get traction, or maybe he/she didn't run. But the people have spoken, good or bad.

The first few states to vote set the tone. To be fair, all primaries should be held on the same day ,in every state with the same voting rules. The primary party election systems need a major overhaul. Every American should have a vote that counts equally, regardless of what state you live in.

Last edited:

bilbur

If I may ...What the heck do you mean? Where have you been? The republican field started with 12 candidates. Donald Trump, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Jim Gilmore, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, and Mike Huckabee. That's 12 yahoo's right there. That's what primary elections do, whittle down the field to one. So maybe your guy didn't get traction, or maybe he/she didn't run. But the people have spoken, good or bad.

Yes, I know, I have been keeping up with things since the beginning. Candidates with my views never run because they would never win in the 2 party system. I agree with some of the Democrats views and some of the Republicans views so a candidate I could get behind would not have a chance winning in either party. It is a shame that most of the country is some form of the middle class yet they back a party that could care less about their demographic. Since I turned 18 I have voted for each of the parties equally. I voted for Obama on his first term and voted for Bush on his first term and they both turned out to be not so great presidents. So, in this election I will research some of the third party candidates and cast my vote for one of them. I know who I vote for won't win but I can't bring myself to vote for the supposed best candidates the Democrats and Republicans could come up with. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind when I see who their running mates will be and who they will surround themselves with as advisors. That is what got me to vote for Bush the first time. Unfortunately, I feel, we are in for another 4 years of little progress and minimal growth for the middle class. I hope I am wrong.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The first few states to vote set the tone. To be fair, all primaries should be held on the same day ,in every state with the same voting rules. The primary party election systems need a major overhaul. Every American should have a vote that counts equally, regardless of what state you live in.

I think of the primaries like an advent calendar: every day you get a new little surprise. I agree with you that it's probably "not fair", especially when the standard bearer is...Iowa. Poor Iowa is the epitome of flyover country and it gets zero love...until the presidential primary. Now suddenly every elitist pundit in the country is all about Iowa, even if one of their staffers has to help them locate it on a map.

Aside, I love how the "news" people show farms and fields and other rural scenes to depict Iowa. Des Moines is a city, people. Like a real one, with buildings and good restaurants. They have a Whole Foods.

Back on topic:

The first few states to vote do not necessarily set the tone. Recent example, Ted Cruz won in Iowa. 2012 was Santorum tied with Romney. 2008 was Huckabee.