Mornic's Seasoned Thru Cafe

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://www.facebook.com/Mornics-Seasoned-Thru-Cafe-1928385257386605

Over in Lusby by where Jake & Al's used to be.

I found it last week because I had to pull off and read a text (yes, some of us do that instead of endangering our fellow motorists). Glanced up and saw "SOUL FOOD" on the building and was like, wut??

Since then I've been pestering Monello to go with me and today was the day. He had meatloaf, mac & cheese, and collards; I had fried chicken (of course, although not served up by Bill Clinton), mashed potatoes, and corn. Everything was super delicious. The cornbread was like cake - like how BadGirl makes it, which is my favorite.

The meatloaf was clearly homemade and they give you a YOOOOGE slab of it with gravy on top. Normally I snub mac & cheese, but this was quite buttery and tasty. Collards can be messed up quite easily, but these were nice and firm, not overly salty. And the chicken... I don't meet too many fried chickens that I don't love, and this bird did not disappoint. I had a breast and wing, and the meat was moist with a really nice breading that was tasty without obnoxious. The taters and corn were taters and corn - very good, and I'd have them again, but not as good as the collards.

It's a Mom & Pop, no frills, counter service, and the food is outstanding. Hopefully we'll be able to get at least one more trip in before we leave. Wish I'd have found this place sooner.

I found it last week because I had to pull off and read a text (yes, some of us do that instead of endangering our fellow motorists). Glanced up and saw "SOUL FOOD" on the building and was like, wut??

Since then I've been pestering Monello to go with me and today was the day. He had meatloaf, mac & cheese, and collards; I had fried chicken (of course, although not served up by Bill Clinton), mashed potatoes, and corn. Everything was super delicious. The cornbread was like cake - like how BadGirl makes it, which is my favorite.

The meatloaf was clearly homemade and they give you a YOOOOGE slab of it with gravy on top. Normally I snub mac & cheese, but this was quite buttery and tasty. Collards can be messed up quite easily, but these were nice and firm, not overly salty. And the chicken... I don't meet too many fried chickens that I don't love, and this bird did not disappoint. I had a breast and wing, and the meat was moist with a really nice breading that was tasty without obnoxious. The taters and corn were taters and corn - very good, and I'd have them again, but not as good as the collards.

It's a Mom & Pop, no frills, counter service, and the food is outstanding. Hopefully we'll be able to get at least one more trip in before we leave. Wish I'd have found this place sooner.

Sounds great! Thanx! No idea it had changed hands.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Well, off we go, me luvs soul food ..... Let's see if V knows what's she's talking about ;))))))))))

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:yay: Can't wait to try it out some night when we crave some fried chicken - it's on the way home for FH.

Vince

You had me at the collards. :yum:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
And another one bites the dust...

I hope this message finds everyone in good spirits. Hope your holidays were great. I would like to take this time to thank everyone for all the support you've shown our family business this year. We have had the pleasure to meet so many wonderful people this year. Regretfully, we have closed our doors as of November 26, 2016, due to circumstances beyond our control. It has truly been a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you and your families!
Sincerely,
Mornic and Family.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And another one bites the dust...

I hope this message finds everyone in good spirits. Hope your holidays were great. I would like to take this time to thank everyone for all the support you've shown our family business this year. We have had the pleasure to meet so many wonderful people this year. Regretfully, we have closed our doors as of November 26, 2016, due to circumstances beyond our control. It has truly been a pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you and your families!
Sincerely,
Mornic and Family.

Sorry to hear that. They seemed like nice people and had some good comfort food going on.

PeoplesElbow

That's too bad, but considering that you would not have known it was even there if you didn't pull off to text it sounds like it could have had some better visibility.

I hadn't heard of it until now. I love meatloaf, however I am of the "ketchup meatloaf" religion and think the gravy sect is misguided religious nuts.