Verizon and towers

Cletus_Vandam

I have heard a "rumor" several times from different people that there is a number you can call on your verizon phone to have to "locate" new towers that might be installed in your area of service, thus improving your service.

Is there such a number, or is this a hoax?

:confused:

Cletus_Vandam

Originally posted by Leopold Stoch
*228 + send I think...

The *228 was the correct number. But didn't work for me. Maybe it becuase I have the Push to Talk phone and they are on a different network. :confused:

Thanks, anyway though...

It's *228. dialing this number updates your phone's roaming list. This list has the network ID's for all the networks in the country that Verizon owns, so if they were to purchase a network in your area, this would allow your phone to see it. Whenever they add a new tower to an existing network, they key it into the same network for the given area, thus you have to do nothing to use it on your phone. Verizon has not bought any networks in SOMD lately. So says my buddy who is the mgr. of the verizon store in California.

G

geminigrl

Never heard of the *228, but thanks for the info. I haven't had any problems with my verizon phone since I got it 2 yrs ago, now nextel that's a different subject...:wink: