Where does Comcast dispatch from?

Hessian

After talking (endlessly) with "Diana" from the Philippines...and have confusion over what DAY it is,...I asked where do the comcast repair people dispatch from. She wouldn't say.

Since the reliability of their "repair" appointments is HORRIFIC, I would really like to get to the bottom of this. We have NO service at all for two days,...and they can't even schedule a normal repair time in the afternoon. When they sent automated word that they were confirming a time,...they never showed.

I want decent service for the thousands of $$$ we have spent on them over the years. sheesh.

FED_UP

Comcast - Leonardtown - Maryland 23345 Greenbrier Rd (301) 475-1691, I hope Diana is not at this number. Make sure they refund you for those 2 days, I had Direct TV do that once.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

They also come from Prince Frederick (for Calvert).

They've been pretty good about showing on time since they started offering $20 bill credits for every time they are late. At least for me.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Comcast - Leonardtown - Maryland 23345 Greenbrier Rd (301) 475-1691, I hope Diana is not at this number. Make sure they refund you for those 2 days, I had Direct TV do that once.

I was going to ask why would Comcast have an office in L-town, then I remembered that the Charlotte Hall area can get Comcast.
Q: Does Comcast provide their Xfinity service in the areas it serves in So. MD?

Forkian

If that doesn't work. I would suggest just going into the Prince Frederick office, if it close to you and explain the situation. Often a friendly face to face conversation gets excellent results, but if you walk in mad....not so much. Nobody likes to get yelled at for someone else's mistakes.

I switched from Comcast to DirecTV to save a few bucks and signed a 2 year contract with DirecTV. Now wish I would have kept Comcast and just asked them for a better price.

Grumpy

After talking (endlessly) with "Diana" from the Philippines...and have confusion over what DAY it is,...I asked where do the comcast repair people dispatch from. She wouldn't say.

Since the reliability of their "repair" appointments is HORRIFIC, I would really like to get to the bottom of this. We have NO service at all for two days,...and they can't even schedule a normal repair time in the afternoon. When they sent automated word that they were confirming a time,...they never showed.

I want decent service for the thousands of $$$ we have spent on them over the years. sheesh.

Had Comcast for quite a while now (20 yrs?) and over the past 15, have had no huge problems with appts or service. Granted, as with all service companies, there is the overseas outsourcing which leaves a lot to be desired language wise. I believe 2 or 3 times I have had service calls to the house, always have been within the window followed by a survey once the repair was closed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

To the OP. Prince Frederick off Stoakley road is were some Comcast employed technicians are based out of. However, Comcast has also learned about outsourcing. They a have a cadre of independent technicians all over. You've seen some of their trucks on the road that say, "Authorized Comcast Representative" or something to that effect, which are their personal vehicles. They are paid a flat rate for each call they take and are rated on the service they provide. If they get bad scores, Comcast can reduce their payments or dump them completely. But there is no centralized location around here from where they are dispatched. It's all computer based. A service order is created, then it is sent to the closest available technician by zip code to accept or decline, based on workload and the like. Some good technicians can clear 70-80k a year providing service for Comcast this way. And Comcast, well they don't have the employee cost to deal with.

Hessian

Just a few more details...

Everything went out during the mild t-storms on Weds.
Called Tues pm...shuffled through the request system...time scheduled: 5-7 pm.
Weds...Rush home from work> Automated confirmation rolls in by 5:20,...they will be coming. NOTHING.
Weds Night...Call, & get rolled through 3 different handlers & non take responsibility. What happened to my repair guy. We ask for NEXT available afternoon time. Told...3-5 pm. Explained (to Diana in the Philippines) that we can't make that window--it needs to be later.
No Matter...Comcast guy sends a voice mail; "Hey, was here at 3;15...you weren't sorry."
Thurs Pm...3 phone calls with my new relative in Luzon, we reschedule again for Friday afternoon.

We will see.....the drama continues.

officeguy

I don't think it is reasonable to expect routine service appointments to be available after 5pm. They gave you an availability and showed up, not sure you have much of a complaint beyond a missed evening appointment.

Hessian

Repair guy arrive RIGHT at 1 pm...checked the interior,...found a branch on an exterior line that knocked it off.
He was polite, & helpful.
Says you can schedule apptmts AT the comcast office in PF.

Back up & running except for my fuzzy WIFI...hmmm.