Tracking dog? Need to find goat ASAP

UPDATE: We caught Scarlet last night (6/7), after losing her exactly one month ago. Thanks to a ton of calls from Ridge residents, we were able to figure out her patterns and put up fencing that blocked her from bolting into areas where we couldn't catch her. She ended up in the culvert under 235 (just north of where 5 and 235 meet), and we caught her in there. She's looking a little rough but we should be able to get her back to health. Couldn't have done it without our fellow SoMDers! Thank you!!!!

5/7 I just got a new goat and when we were transferring her to the pen she escaped. We are surrounded by woods and lost sight of her. We have a lot of mountain laurel in the area and if she eats too much she may die before she homes to the sound of the other goats. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just got a new goat and when we were transferring her to the pen she escaped. We are surrounded by woods and lost sight of her. We have a lot of mountain laurel in the area and if she eats too much she may die before she homes to the sound of the other goats. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did she make it home?

We live in Dameron, just south of St Jerome's Neck road. Still looking. Have had bloodhounds out (she has retraced her own steps too much at this point), laid a scent trail with another goat, and set up a feeding station with a game cam where we found recent prints.

Just need a drone w/infrared :)

red_explorer

best bet

We live in Dameron, just south of St Jerome's Neck road. Still looking. Have had bloodhounds out (she has retraced her own steps too much at this point), laid a scent trail with another goat, and set up a feeding station with a game cam where we found recent prints.

Just need a drone w/infrared :)

I went through this a few years ago. Mine was brand new too. The goat doesn't know you so it wont come home. I chased mine for a week. In the end, Animal Control got her with a tranquilizer. I had to pay a fine, but I had her back.

You have many neighbors with goats in that area. She may appear with their herds.

I went through this a few years ago. Mine was brand new too. The goat doesn't know you so it wont come home. I chased mine for a week. In the end, Animal Control got her with a tranquilizer. I had to pay a fine, but I had her back.

You have many neighbors with goats in that area. She may appear with their herds.

I'd gladly pay a fine to get her back! I'm sure the rain won't help us figure out prints around the feeding station, but hopefully the camera will catch something. I also have a huge LOST GOAT sign at the end of our road (along 235)...so if someone happens upon a goat, I would think it'd be obvious who is missing her.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd gladly pay a fine to get her back! I'm sure the rain won't help us figure out prints around the feeding station, but hopefully the camera will catch something. I also have a huge LOST GOAT sign at the end of our road (along 235)...so if someone happens upon a goat, I would think it'd be obvious who is missing her.

Honestly I haven't noticed a sign, this is the first I've herd of a missing goat.

We'll be on the lookout, but our dogs run loose in our hood (4 total) so I doubt a goat would wander around our property. But I'll check, maybe get a game camera or two put out too.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

How does one Catch a Goat??

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but...the goat is still alive and was last seen this morning in the wooded lot behind KofC there at the intersection of 5 & 235. We've set up two traps in the general area, but if anyone sees her, please let me know so we can move the traps if need be. 240-298-4798 She's obviously survived the mountain laurel, but now water might become a problem. She seems to be on a general trend southward. Ugh.

I've asked AC to dart her if they see her. She has ended up on porches when it rains, which might be a good way to finally track her down.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but...the goat is still alive and was last seen this morning in the wooded lot behind KofC there at the intersection of 5 & 235. We've set up two traps in the general area, but if anyone sees her, please let me know so we can move the traps if need be. 240-298-4798 She's obviously survived the mountain laurel, but now water might become a problem. She seems to be on a general trend southward. Ugh.

I've asked AC to dart her if they see her. She has ended up on porches when it rains, which might be a good way to finally track her down.
Is this it?

image.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6368568083.1073741826.52203218&type=3&theater