Base on lockdown

luvmygdaughters

Daughter just sent me an email that Pax River is on lockdown. An unauthorized vehicle, a white Durango, came thru w/o proper credentials, lockdown will continue until the vehicle and driver are found.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
UPDATE 10:55 AM - Patrick Gordon, Public Information Officer for NAS Patuxent River, has confirmed the incident our sources reported. The unauthorized vehicle is not suspected to have entered NAS Patuxent River with malicious intent. Rather, security believes this was simply a case of the driver absent-mindedly forgetting to show proper identification. Security is still searching for the vehicle at this time. Currently, Gates 2 and 3 are closed while Gate 1 is open only to outbound traffic. Indidivuals wanting to leave the NAS Patuxent River premises should expect delays due to this developing situation.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0...unauthorizedvehicleonnaspaxriverpremises.html

uh huh.

Restitution

Ummmmm.... so you are telling me that this person got past not 1 but, 2 security persons and also was able to get past the barricades that they installed?

Looks like they can look forward to 1 or 2 weeks of inconvenience on the entire base while their security forces conduct "training."

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Not a warm fuzzy knowing they can’t stop or even find someone who accidently runs the gate.

luvmygdaughters

Rather, security believes this was simply a case of the driver absent-mindedly forgetting to show proper identification

:confused: Uh...isn't that what security is there for? To make sure you show proper ID or you don't get to come in.

edreedisgod20

Umm..."forgetting to show identification"? Not saying there is malicious intent here but I find it hard to believe that someone with business on base would "forget" to show ID. That's a bit of a stretch for me. Also, really makes you feel safe knowing that this person was able to not only get past the gate but has as of now still not been found...

NIU_Huskies

Ummmmm.... so you are telling me that this person got past not 1 but, 2 security persons and also was able to get past the barricades that they installed?

Looks like they can look forward to 1 or 2 weeks of inconvenience on the entire base while their security forces conduct "training."

Some bases in Washington metro area are beginning to use CAC card scanners that lift the gates and allow you to enter. So an actual gate guard does not need to physically see your CAC ID. So now there's one guy for two or three lanes of traffic coming onto base. IMO, in such a highly visible and important area, they should be getting tougher with base security not easier. One security guard a gate makes for a much softer target.

Last edited:

wubbles

You would think the first thing you learn in sentry training is to hit the barricade button when someone blows through the gate.

Goldenhawk

You would think the first thing you learn in sentry training is to hit the barricade button when someone blows through the gate.

You can bet that's the first thing they'll all learn during the soon-to-be-scheduled sentry REtraining.