Donald Trump

mudpuddle

If you are for Donald Trump, do you feel ashamed to admit it for fear of retaliation from Clinton supporters?

I know I do! I was in the doctor's office, and I took my book written by Donald Trump, and I actually took off the book cover, so people couldn't read it!
I would put a "Support Trump Sign" on my lawn, but I am afraid someone would egg my house/car, etc...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
It's not clinton supporters (do those exist?) but the the social media warriors who like to take pictures of people and put ridiculous captions on it and put them in danger that I am not a fan of. They can't provide me with a single racist thing the man ever said, but have no issues calling you one for having anything Trump related. I have a feeling he has many, many supporters who are quietly waiting and letting the loudmouthed idiots who get their politcal opinions from memes do the talking, while they do the walking.

mudpuddle

I guess they can be Republicans who are against Trump as well, not only Clinton supporters...I forget that the Republican party is not unified...not fair for me to point out Clinton Supporters only;...you are absolutely right, saying that Trump Supporters are called "racists"...

mudpuddle

I should have asked as well, "how many that are for Trump, advertise it? Such as putting up signs, wearing Trump-themed clothes, jewelry, hats, etc...

tommyjo

If you are for Donald Trump, do you feel ashamed to admit it for fear of retaliation from Clinton supporters?

I know I do! I was in the doctor's office, and I took my book written by Donald Trump, and I actually took off the book cover, so people couldn't read it!
I would put a "Support Trump Sign" on my lawn, but I am afraid someone would egg my house/car, etc...

Sounds more like you are afraid to admit that you know your candidate of choice is a horrid one. You are not afraid someone might challenge you....you are afraid they are going to convince you of the plainly obvious...that Donald Trump is unfit and unqualified to the be the leader of the free world. You already know it (or else you wouldn't hide) and so does most everyone else with a better than middle school education.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sounds more like you are afraid to admit that you know your candidate of choice is a horrid one. You are not afraid someone might challenge you....you are afraid they are going to convince you of the plainly obvious...that Donald Trump is unfit and unqualified to the be the leader of the free world. You already know it (or else you wouldn't hide) and so does most everyone else with a better than middle school education.

Oh, come on. The idea the OP is expressing isn't new; sense of political intimidation. This isn't about Trump. Every time I see a bumper sticker for ANYONE it makes me wonder how often people key one anothers cars. We know homes get egged. Signs stolen. It's not partisan either. Imagine the courage it took to have a Dukakis sticker or sign. I bet Hillary fans have similar fears in heavily Bernie parts of the country.

My favorite, ever, is the 'Run, Hillary, Run!" stickers. Dems put it on the back, GOP'ers on the front bumper. The point is political intimidation in an ostensibly free land.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I understand what you are saying. Taking the book cover off, and so on. I felt that way for a while, but then I said screw it. I put a Trump sticker on my car and a Trump sign in my yard. If they want to scratch my car or egg my house (they will have to walk down a really long driveway to do that :lol:), so be it. I can handle that. I think of our ancestors that had more to fear than we do, as in starting a revolution against Britain to become our own country, and the Native Americans that were fighting to keep the land that they found first. Sad, really. Put that cover back on Trump's book, and go, Mudpuddle! Don't be afraid. That is what they want. :smile:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would love to have some hippie lame ass try and confront me over Trump. I'm pretty angry about the ignorance in this country, and would love to "defend myself" against one of them. They think they have rage? Bitch, please.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I would love to have some hippie lame ass try and confront me over Trump. I'm pretty angry about the ignorance in this country, and would love to "defend myself" against one of them. They think they have rage? Bitch, please.

Thats the problem, you CANNOT have a decent discussion with the trump haters. You see it on here. And its even worse with people my age. I have repeatedly asked for proof hes a bigot (the most common accusation) and I get nothing of any substance. I got in an argument with someone who explicitely stated that Trump HATED women because he has a hot wife, intimated someone was ugly and made a period joke..that was the entirety of the evidence. When I countered with the fact that in the 90s nearly all of Trumps biggest and most relied on project managers were women..women he promoted from other jobs mind you, I got a blank stare. When I show people how untrue and ridiculous the internet memes are...I actually gett he response "well, it doesnt MATTER if it isn't true, it sounds like something he would say" How in the world do you argue with that? its no use.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thats the problem, you CANNOT have a decent discussion with the trump haters.

I have no intention of having a discussion, decent or otherwise, with a mindless drone. Most of the ones on here, I have them on ignore. But I can indeed scream just as loud as them, and god help them if they put their hands on me or assault me in any way. I would love to take out my frustrations on some freaked out Trump-hating psychotic. All they have to do is give me a reason.

BlueSunday

So Donald Trump is your get even candidate for others electing Obama.Vengeance always a good reason to vote.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have no intention of having a discussion, decent or otherwise, with a mindless drone. Most of the ones on here, I have them on ignore. But I can indeed scream just as loud as them, and god help them if they put their hands on me or assault me in any way. I would love to take out my frustrations on some freaked out Trump-hating psychotic. All they have to do is give me a reason.

I know you have me on ignore, but for the sake of others reading... You've cast me as one of these mindless drones and a dumbass for even considering thinking outside of the Trump-think. The difference between you and I is I am not taking this so personally that I’m losing my mind over it and putting people on ignore for disagreeing with me; you’re willing to commit violence over it. I think that’s pretty insane to be so caught on someone and this whole election.

I haven’t made my mind up yet; which means I still have a mind of my own and not clinging on anyone at this point; but very-well still vote for Trump in the end. This is the antithesis of a mindless drone. I am carefully weighing things and asking LOTS of the questions; which how I thought things were supposed to work. This is unacceptable to you, and drives you insane that I (and others like me) haven’t joined you yet. You are taking this all WAY too personally.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I haven’t made my mind up yet; which means I still have a mind of my own and not clinging on anyone at this point; but very-well still vote for Trump in the end. .

No, you won't. There is NO way in this world you could vote Trump and then look at yourself for the next 8 years and find a way to rationalize it. Ideologically, you would have to completely surrender your values and principles, as expressed here over the years, in order to be able to vote for him. It's not impossible that you would but I've read nothing from you that even suggests you've given them up. Plus, if you did give them up, there'd still be no reason for you to vote Trump.

Trump is simply a representation of how angry people are and they do NOT care, not even a little bit, what he actually stands for or will, or won't do. People are far to practiced at excusing the inexcusable of Dubbya all these years to not be able to, much more readily, find rationales to excuse Trump when he doesn't build his wall, doesn't ban all Muslims and doesn't get us the hell out of the ME.

PJay

No, you won't. There is NO way in this world you could vote Trump and then look at yourself for the next 8 years and find a way to rationalize it. Ideologically, you would have to completely surrender your values and principles, as expressed here over the years, in order to be able to vote for him. It's not impossible that you would but I've read nothing from you that even suggests you've given them up. Plus, if you did give them up, there'd still be no reason for you to vote Trump.

Trump is simply a representation of how angry people are and they do NOT care, not even a little bit, what he actually stands for or will, or won't do. People are far to practiced at excusing the inexcusable of Dubbya all these years to not be able to, much more readily, find rationales to excuse Trump when he doesn't build his wall, doesn't ban all Muslims and doesn't get us the hell out of the ME.

Good post.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good post.

:buddies:

As I've been saying, what I am interested in is what will Trump see as his success? Just being potus? Or, will be have actual stuff he wants to get done ad be inspired to go and make deals? And what will this stuff end up being?

We DO have an enormous immigration problem. We do have a foreign policy abyss. The economy is not making people think and feel like their kids have a brighter future.

Vince

I should have asked as well, "how many that are for Trump, advertise it? Such as putting up signs, wearing Trump-themed clothes, jewelry, hats, etc...
I was never much for that type of campaigning/advertising. I don't put bumper stickers on my vehicles and I don't care what bumper sticker it is. I don't do signs on my lawn or T shirts for politicians, however, I have a T shirt with an American flag on it that I like to wear. But if someone, Clinton supporter, asks about my political affiliation, etc. I wouldn't be afraid to tell them and have a conversation on why I support Trump.

PsyOps

Pixelated

There’s nothing rational about this election. My values and principles are moot; we’re going to get either Clinton or Trump regardless of what I do. If I voted for Trump, the only principle I may be putting to work is my complete disbelief that I could ever imagine Hillary Clinton in that Whitehouse; everything else is just useless at this point. I’m really at a point where I feel I have no other choice but to trust Trump might work with this congress to get some things turned around. Whether I vote for him or not, won’t change what he does. Clinton, on the other hand… we’re dealing with abject corruption and dishonesty. We know exactly what we get with her; and I believe it to be far worse than Obama.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There’s nothing rational about this election. My values and principles are moot; we’re going to get either Clinton or Trump regardless of what I do. If I voted for Trump, the only principle I may be putting to work is my complete disbelief that I could ever imagine Hillary Clinton in that Whitehouse; everything else is just useless at this point. I’m really at a point where I feel I have no other choice but to trust Trump might work with this congress to get some things turned around. Whether I vote for him or not, won’t change what he does. Clinton, on the other hand… we’re dealing with abject corruption and dishonesty. We know exactly what we get with her; and I believe it to be far worse than Obama.

I am not convinced that Hillary is going to make it to the general.