What is that smell outside?

PeoplesElbow

I went out to take out the trash and there is this overwhelming aroma that reminds me of dog #### that someone dumped a whole bottle of old lady flowery perfume on top of.

TPD

the poor dad
I went out to take out the trash and there is this overwhelming aroma that reminds me of dog #### that someone dumped a whole bottle of old lady flowery perfume on top of.

Not sure where you are but about 5:30 this evening in Ridge, there was an odd smell as well. I could see a haze like something big was burning, but I wouldn't quite describe the aroma as you did.

Popster

I remember living in Ridge when they would spread the pig slop on the fields. It was like a green fog over spread the area and gagged every living thing in its path. Even the ants and dung beetles were rolling on the backs while gasping.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I remember living in Ridge when they would spread the pig slop on the fields. It was like a green fog over spread the area and gagged every living thing in its path. Even the ants and dung beetles were rolling on the backs while gasping.

Worse when they used the sewer sludge! There would also be an odor that would waft across the river from what I was told was a cat food factory in VA. If you live in the 1st you better be prepared for an occasional assault on your sense of smell. It's called...country life. :lol:

Tech

City boy here, but could all this wet weather mess with the septic systems in the area?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Worse when they used the sewer sludge! There would also be an odor that would waft across the river from what I was told was a cat food factory in VA. If you live in the 1st you better be prepared for an occasional assault on your sense of smell. It's called...country life. :lol:

Sewer Sludge, chicken sh!t, hog farms, Reedville (menhaden rendering back then. Omega proteins pills now.
We could tell which way the wind was blowing by the smells....

Tech

Sewer Sludge, chicken sh!t, hog farms, Reedville (menhaden rendering back then. Omega proteins pills now.

Had a similar situation at one place I worked, but at least we had a break on some days, there was Nabisco factory a few miles away.

PeoplesElbow

Not sure where you are but about 5:30 this evening in Ridge, there was an odd smell as well. I could see a haze like something big was burning, but I wouldn't quite describe the aroma as you did.

In the Lexington Park area, the dog #### part of the aroma may very well have been my neighbors dog, but the old lady perfume part of the smell was so strong and sickening. Farm smells don't bother me.

Fresh shredded pine bark mulch smells pretty bad, sometimes it has an ode de vomit to it.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I still remember the smell from the paper mill in Luke, MD wafting down the Potomac River valley (approx 20 miles as the crow flys) to my home. You'd only ever smell it in the mornings.

Radiant1

Soul Probe

I forgot about Reedville!

I still remember the smell from the paper mill in Luke, MD wafting down the Potomac River valley (approx 20 miles as the crow flys) to my home. You'd only ever smell it in the mornings.

When I was a teen, I got my grandmother's old car. She lived near the Mead factory in Chilliccothe Ohio. I swear no amount of cigarettes or weed smoked in that car could get rid of the paper mill smell! :lol: