Driftwood?

calvcopf

I need a 2-4 ft piece of driftwood for a kids project. Any ideas of a good place to look in Calvert Co that is easy to get to? Don't want to trespass or walk for miles to get to it.

Last edited:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Go to the path at the end of Gregg drive. There's a small sign that marks the path between two houses. There's a cut stump there too. Park on the same side as the pickup truck (you'll circle around like you're riding through). Park in front of or near the truck. Head down the path. It will look like you're walking into a yard but just keep going with the wood line to your right. It's not very far to the beach. Just act like you belong there (nobody is going to bother you). There's a couple pieces at the end of the trail on the left just as you get to the water. Some are long and heavy. I'm sure there's a 4+ foot log that may be just what you're looking for. Good luck.

idiganthro

I need a 2-4 ft piece of driftwood for a kids project. Any ideas of a good place to look in Calvert Co that is easy to get to? Don't want to trespass or walk for miles to get to it.

Jefferson Patterson Park- park in a lot and walk down a path to access the beach. The best one for driftwood is probably down the "King's Reach" path near the new wooden walkway. I wish I could give you better directions...