Looking for a sandblaster

jiimi626

I'm looking for a local to St. Mary's (lex park, great mills) for a small sandblasting job. I have a 55 gallon drum that I intend to turn into a BBQ smoker but I want to get it blasted first to get the inside liner removed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm looking for a local to St. Mary's (lex park, great mills) for a small sandblasting job. I have a 55 gallon drum that I intend to turn into a BBQ smoker but I want to get it blasted first to get the inside liner removed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm thinking you could light a hot fire in the drum and burn the liner out, then just wire brush.

jiimi626

Thanks for the suggestion. I could burn it out and take a wire wheel to it, but depending on how much it cost to get blasted I'm hoping it will be more worth my time to pay someone else do the dirty work.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You can take it to Ship Point Machine. I take them all of my frames and bodies for my various vehicle restoration projects. 301-373-3121...ask for Chip.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You can take it to Ship Point Machine. I take them all of my frames and bodies for my various vehicle restoration projects. 301-373-3121...ask for Chip.

Give me an idea of what we're looking at to do a body.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Give me an idea of what we're looking at to do a body.

Last one I had done end-to-end and top-to-bottom cost me $350. Triumph Tr3. I delivered it to them on a rotisserie trailer though...so they didn't have to do much grunt work to position it.

I've got a stripped '74 Bronco tub headed up there soon, still on rolling chassis and on two-ramp car trailer (so they have at least "some" access to underside of the tub..)...last one I had them blast a combination like that...a best effort kinda thing..was still around $300.

Last edited:
Last one I had done end-to-end and top-to-bottom cost me $350. Triumph Tr3. I delivered it to them on a rotisserie trailer though...so they didn't have to do much grunt work to position it.

Didn't the spear thru the front grill, firewall and trunk kinda ruin the body?