Mobile Pet Grroming in Calvert (PF)

calvcopf

Anyone use a mobile pet grooming service? I live in the Prince Frederick area and have a dog that needs a haircut.

Recommendations?

Approx cost for small dog?

Thanks!

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Anyone use a mobile pet grooming service? I live in the Prince Frederick area and have a dog that needs a haircut.

Recommendations?

Approx cost for small dog?

Thanks!

Doggie Paws (410) 474 5387 recently groomed my Dexter, a King Charles Cavalier mix and did a good job. I don't remember the price but it was worth every penny because they pulled into my driveway and he was back in the house in an hour. He does not do well with other dogs and it was very stress free for him.
I do believe it was 1 1/2 months to get an appointment. They are very popular!

calvcopf

Doggie Paws (410) 474 5387 recently groomed my Dexter, a King Charles Cavalier mix and did a good job. I don't remember the price but it was worth every penny because they pulled into my driveway and he was back in the house in an hour. He does not do well with other dogs and it was very stress free for him.
I do believe it was 1 1/2 months to get an appointment. They are very popular!

1 1/2 months to get an appointment! I can't wait that long, my dog is is well overdue now. Thank you for the reply tho! I will keep them in mind in the future. I was hoping to have it done in the next week or so.

littlelady

God bless the USA
1 1/2 months to get an appointment! I can't wait that long, my dog is is well overdue now. Thank you for the reply tho! I will keep them in mind in the future. I was hoping to have it done in the next week or so.

ff owns Peppers Pet Pantry in Solomons. She would know the low down on any pet questions. Do you have to have a mobile groomer because Petco in PF does grooming.

calvcopf

ff owns Peppers Pet Pantry in Solomons. She would know the low down on any pet questions. Do you have to have a mobile groomer because Petco in PF does grooming.

Thanks! I was wanting a mobile groomer to make it easier on an older dog. Petco is a possibility if a mobile groomer doesn't pan out.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thanks! I was wanting a mobile groomer to make it easier on an older dog. Petco is a possibility if a mobile groomer doesn't pan out.

You peeked my interest. Here is a link to groomers in Maryland. We bought a grooming kit at Petco. We had Daisy (labradoodle with crazy hair :lol:) groomed once by a groomer in Montgomery county when visiting daughter, and daughter owns the bro of Daisy. I wasn't that impressed with the work, but we took that lead, and do it ourselves now. I totally understand about your concern of an elderly dog. :smile:

http://www.findagroomer.com/groomers/Mobile_Groomers_and_Housecall_Groomers/United_States/Maryland/

We have always had short haired dogs, so this was a new experience for us.

Last edited:

Roman

If the mobile groomer doesn't pan out, I would suggest Rita's Grooming in Prince Frederick Maryland. She is located next to the Radio Shack southbound 4, and Dares Beach Road. (410) 414-7511. She has been grooming my dogs, and cats for years. My dogs actually look forward to going in the shop. She is reasonably priced, and does good work.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Being in the business, I hear both positive and negative about darn near every vet and groomer in a 50 mile radius. I tell people to make their own opinions.
I used the mobile groomer and was satisfied with the work she did considering my dog was long overdue for a grooming. I had also made an appointment and asked if they had a cancellation, to let me know. He was groomed much faster than originally scheduled.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If the mobile groomer doesn't pan out, I would suggest Rita's Grooming in Prince Frederick Maryland. She is located next to the Radio Shack southbound 4, and Dares Beach Road. (410) 414-7511. She has been grooming my dogs, and cats for years. My dogs actually look forward to going in the shop. She is reasonably priced, and does good work.

:yay: Thanks for recommending Rita's. I forgot she was there. We do our own grooming now. It is good to give biz to local small vs big chain biz like Petco.

frequentflier

happy to be living
:yay: Thanks for recommending Rita's. I forgot she was there. We do our own grooming now. It is good to give biz to local small vs big chain biz like Petco.

When Pepper was alive, Rita's groomed her a few times and she did a great job and she is a very experienced groomer. I would definitely recommend her if you cannot wait for the mobile groomer..

littlelady

God bless the USA
Being in the business, I hear both positive and negative about darn near every vet and groomer in a 50 mile radius. I tell people to make their own opinions.
I used the mobile groomer and was satisfied with the work she did considering my dog was long overdue for a grooming. I had also made an appointment and asked if they had a cancellation, to let me know. He was groomed much faster than originally scheduled.

I knew you had a diy pet wash at your store, but was not sure if you did grooming, or would have recommended you. I said a while back we would go through you for obedience class, but Daisy ended up being very trainable and sweet. :smile:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
When Pepper was alive, Rita's groomed her a few times and she did a great job and she is a very experienced groomer. I would definitely recommend her if you cannot wait for the mobile groomer..

I just saw your newest post. I didn't know you named your biz after your pet. That is very nice. I still need to come in to meet you, but I usually shop in PF. I went into PPP's a couple years ago, but you were not there. Maybe some day. :smile:

Edit: I, also, want to say that we would buy dog food from you, but learned early on that Daisy has a delicate stomach. We only feed her fresh boiled chicken thighs, rice, and pumpkin. I haven't bought commercial dog food in 8 months. Kind of like making our own baby food. :lol:

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I knew you had a diy pet wash at your store, but was not sure if you did grooming, or would have recommended you. I said a while back we would go through you for obedience class, but Daisy ended up being very trainable and sweet. :smile:

No, we do not groom or cut dog's nails. We provide everything for the dog parent to bathe their pet. Besides dogs, we have had one cat and a goat bathed in the self service dog wash.

www.pepperspetpantry.com

frequentflier

happy to be living
I just saw your newest post. I didn't know you named your biz after your pet. That is very nice. I still need to come in to meet you, but I usually shop in PF. I went into PPP's a couple years ago, but you were not there. Maybe some day. :smile:

Edit: I, also, want to say that we would buy dog food from you, but learned early on that Daisy has a delicate stomach. We only feed her fresh boiled chicken thighs, rice, and pumpkin. I haven't bought commercial dog food in 8 months. Kind of like making our own baby food. :lol:

Are you supplementing with vitamins and minerals? Home made diets need supplements to ensure a complete diet. You should also switch up protein sources. She may benefit from a raw diet; most of which are complete.