Come-on in, the water's fine

Popster

Capture.JPG

Popster

Interesting Jaws reference. I was talking to a waterman in Ridge and he tells me that even though it seems like we have had tons of rain, the salinity in the Bay is quite high. We will be seeing lots of more "tropical" (dolphins, sharks, etc) fish in the Bay. He has caught shrimp 6-7" long and a fat as a thumb.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Interesting Jaws reference. I was talking to a waterman in Ridge and he tells me that even though it seems like we have had tons of rain, the salinity in the Bay is quite high. We will be seeing lots of more "tropical" (dolphins, sharks, etc) fish in the Bay. He has caught shrimp 6-7" long and a fat as a thumb.

Thanks for explaining Prch's reply. I couldn't figure it out! :doh: I wasn't thinking so much about creatures of the deep, but pollution. About 10 years ago, we were out on a friend's twin propeller boat that ran into an under water net that wrapped around the propellers and stopped the boat dead in the water. So, my Marine hub jumped in with knife and cut it free. Well, in a couple of days his hands swelled, fever, etc. He had cut himself trying to cut the nets off. He ended up being quarantined in hospital until they figured out it was E coli. Just thought I would share. Happy Memorial Day to everyone. God bless America!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Does anyone else here "DEH deh, DEH deh, DEH deh"?

I do, I do! Which is why I don't go in de waters down here in Ormond-by-the-Sea. (Just north of Daytona) I walk the beach and sit and read or go online with my cellphone and get some sun. (I walk in the water,but am not one to venture out.) We go early in the am (like, now!) and we get our Fitbit steps in and Foxhound goes body surfing in the water and everyone is happy as a clam.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

Remember a couple of years ago when those fishermen caught a couple of bull sharks in their nets they were not the only ones in the water so watch out while swimming.