Orthopedic doc/ surgeon recommendations?

Hi all,
I've been struggling with some pain in the back of my knee. Feel like I've put it off long enough and need to get it checked out. I'm not crazy about the local group of ortho guys in Leonardtown, and don't mind a little hike up the road. Has anyone had a good experience with a Calvert group (or even farther north)?
TIA!

limblips

PREMO Member
Hi all,
I've been struggling with some pain in the back of my knee. Feel like I've put it off long enough and need to get it checked out. I'm not crazy about the local group of ortho guys in Leonardtown, and don't mind a little hike up the road. Has anyone had a good experience with a Calvert group (or even farther north)?
TIA!

Cirillo in PF. I think he is still there. Fantastic ortho surgeon and a nice guy to boot.

I see you don't care for Leonardtown Sports, but I do like Cox/Travis. Cox has repaired a shoulder and two knees for me, very pleased with the results. He does have a wry sense of humor, tho.

Goldenhawk

Dr. Spatz in Prince Frederick. Highly recommended. She did repairs on my son's elbow, then his knee, and my daughter's ankle. Gentle and easygoing. Excellent surgeon. Not an alarmist, not prone to starting with the invasive or extensive surgery.

I worked with Dr Cox in Leonardtown before, and found him to go straight for the big surgery recommendation. Not too happy there so we switched to Spatz.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been with Dr Zahir for a couple years, which while his name might not imply, is a local, went to Ryken. Did me right, and after one surgery, steered me clear of one for the next couple til my disc bulges actually stopped bulging. Between that and 200mg of Celebrex a day, for these last six months I've been far more spry than I've been in years.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Dr. Spatz in Prince Frederick. Highly recommended. She did repairs on my son's elbow, then his knee, and my daughter's ankle. Gentle and easygoing. Excellent surgeon. Not an alarmist, not prone to starting with the invasive or extensive surgery.

I worked with Dr Cox in Leonardtown before, and found him to go straight for the big surgery recommendation. Not too happy there so we switched to Spatz.

Second that on Dr Spatz. :yay: She fixed my trigger thumb years ago and I saw here recently for knee pain (arthritis)