Aldis has wood chisels on sale

Popster

Aldis has a set of wood chisels on sale. You sharpen them up and they are as good as any expensive chisels. They also have a utility knife that is good and priced right as well as some clamps if you need them.

Capture.JPG

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I do care because a broken clamp can mess up my workpiece. I hate cheap tools.

Cheap tools have their place. I do a lot of fiberglass work. Dollar Tree paint brushes work just fine for that. They also have mini vise grip type pliers and 4-packs of razor blade scrapers. Their safety goggles work just fine for under vehicle work, but I wouldn't wear them when working metal.

PeoplesElbow

Got my set, been waiting on them to show up since Aldi went in. These chisels actually have quite a cult following on many woodworking sites. Some even go as far as making new wood handles for them.

I was wondering why a grocery store would be selling them.

The have an aisle of home goods, tools, etc... Got some really nice large bamboo cutting boards for less than $10, a sanding tool with a bunch of attachments for $25.

Popster

I'm not trying to be snide. It just if you have to ask you probably don't need them. I use them for cabinet joinery, i.e. mortise and tenon joints or cleaning up and finishing dovetails.

What are you going to chisel with a wood chisel? Jello? Marshmallow sculptures?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm not trying to be snide. It just if you have to ask you probably don't need them. I use them for cabinet joinery, i.e. mortise and tenon joints or cleaning up and finishing dovetails.

You couldn't be snide if you tried! :smile: And, hey, where are more pics of Beanie and friends? I am having separation anxiety! :lol:

You must build furniture and stuff. That is great. My dad did that, too. I learned a lot from him. I was the only girl outnumbered by boys in my fam, and spent the most time with him in his workshop!

PeoplesElbow

Fathers day special, seasonal items like this are generally high margin items. I can't imagine those chisels being high margin though because anything comparable is in the $25-$30 range

I just had a need to use the clamps from Aldi. They work better than the ones I got at Sears years ago.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I just had a need to use the clamps from Aldi. They work better than the ones I got at Sears years ago.
Speaking of chisels, did you ever mention when you wanted your cake, and how large of a cake you wanted? I guess I could just go and search that thread, but I'm too lacy....errrr, lazy.

I made some amazing sourdough bread this morning. I should give you a loaf of that, too. :drool: