To the person who blocked everyone else's view at Chopticon graduation:

calamity jane

Just venting; To the person in the flowered dress who prevented everyone else from getting a photo or from even seeing the speakers or grads, whoever you are, your selfish and rude behavior caused us to miss seeing our grad get his diploma or from getting a picture. We did, however get a shot of your back as you stood dead center of the aisle so you could get your shot.

Roman

Just venting; To the person in the flowered dress who prevented everyone else from getting a photo or from even seeing the speakers or grads, whoever you are, your selfish and rude behavior caused us to miss seeing our grad get his diploma or from getting a picture. We did, however get a shot of your back as you stood dead center of the aisle so you could get your shot.
Without being stupid, I would have said something to her.

stew77

They do the same at concerts. I used to go to Calvert Marine Museum for concerts, got great seats. premiumm 3 to 5 rows back from stage and invariably some idiots would stand up the entire concert and block our view..! I quit going to concerts because of this... and When our daughter graduated from Leonardtown HS we had to beg for tickets for our 4 people only to be behind a couple who stood up the entire graduation and blocked our view.. Talk about being, idiots, in my old days I might have knocked them away..but the kinder, genteler me...did not do this.. Age has its benefits I guess??

Tito

Donkey Smell
They do the same at concerts. I used to go to Calvert Marine Museum for concerts, got great seats. premiumm 3 to 5 rows back from stage and invariably some idiots would stand up the entire concert and block our view..! I quit going to concerts because of this... and When our daughter graduated from Leonardtown HS we had to beg for tickets for our 4 people only to be behind a couple who stood up the entire graduation and blocked our view.. Talk about being, idiots, in my old days I might have knocked them away..but the kinder, genteler me...did not do this.. Age has its benefits I guess??

I never understand people like you. Why go to a concert to sit? Some people want to shake their ass!

PeoplesElbow

I never understand people like you. Why go to a concert to sit? Some people want to shake their ass!

The ones over at the Calvert museum are almost always washed up acts that cater to older people, some just can't stand for long.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Why didn't someone just nicely ask her to move, so everyone else could see or take pictures? That's a real question -- I did this at a swim meet once when some over-exuberant mothers were blocking the view of MY precious angel. :biggrin:

I was nice and they were completely unaware that they were blocking anyone. I can't understand HOW they were completely unaware (yes, I can - they are living in their own freaking world) but they did move.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:lmao:

:howdy: That would be me. But I would do it in the back and not block the peeps.

calamity jane

Why didn't someone just nicely ask her to move, so everyone else could see or take pictures? That's a real question -- I did this at a swim meet once when some over-exuberant mothers were blocking the view of MY precious angel. :biggrin:

I was nice and they were completely unaware that they were blocking anyone. I can't understand HOW they were completely unaware (yes, I can - they are living in their own freaking world) but they did move.

I did ask her to move. She left and came back to stand in the aisle taking videos with a cell phone for quite a while. Not just for one kid, but many. I totally missed seeing our kid get his diploma and many others did, too. I got a great picture of the back of her, though. And she was the only one who did this. Everyone else popped up, but sat back down after getting their picture.

tipsymcgee

One of the most enjoyable things I did was go to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame -- no cell phone or cameras of any kind allowed. People saw what they wanted and moved on. The whole cell phone picture/video taking is rude and out of control.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Four HS graduations and (so far) four college graduations...and I realized long ago that the best pics are always the ones taken by the pro that is located close to the action, and never my own feeble attempts ;-)

That said..nothing excuses the behavior of the woman described in the OP. That is plain rude.