Prince Frederick, Armory Road Project Plans

Hank

my war
13346916_10209736508198143_3980950725267917974_n.jpg

Chris0nllyn

Interesting. They seem set on a home improvement store. And a #### ton of small stores/restaurants (probably more Hispanic food) and some townhomes.

somdcelt

Hope it's a Lowe's , would be nice to have Whole Foods , Harris Teeter or something along those lines. Panda Express anything would improvement

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Interesting that the development of just the old high (middle) school property has morphed into an all out mega development encompassing what seems to be about four times more area north east of Armory Road. I wonder who owns that land? And, if that is the case, then, is the County really getting the best deal? Probably not. Since the people of Calvert County aren't really represented in Prince Frederick anyway.

Last edited:

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Since Calvert Middle School was torn down, the citizens of Calvert wanted that area to be used for the community.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Since Calvert Middle School was torn down, the citizens of Calvert wanted that area to be used for the community.
The county owned parcel where the school is the lot south of Armory Road at the corner of Rt 4 and Dares Beach Road. But now there is development plans for four times as much land north of Armory Road not owned by the county and extends all the way down Dares Beach Road to Fairground Road. This was never discussed by the county, was it?

petesomd

Welcome to Waldorf

So the same folks who wont allow Walmart to build a normal size store wants to approve this mess?

BernieP

Resident PIA
The owner of the private land (as of a few months ago anyway) is Bargo, LLC, which is owned by Randy Barrett and John Gott, Jr.

As far as the wish list for stores, the area doesn't have the population size demographics for some of them or financial demographics for others. Wishing and hoping like some of you do won't make it so.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0116/developerslookingforasquaredeal.html

hence, nail salon, liquor store, dollar store and a variety of fast food outlets.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
hence, nail salon, liquor store, dollar store and a variety of fast food outlets.
The only winners here will be the developers. While everyone else must abide by zoning regulations, it seems that if enough money is thrown around, getting those zoning regulations tweaked to your benefit is possible.

OldHillcrestGuy

A home improvements store would be nice. My choice would be Home Depot, although I'm a Lowes fan. If HD built in PF then I wouldn't have to go into Waldorf. My Lowes I like is LaPlata. I sometimes shop Home Depot when items are on sell. A home improvement store would do really good in PF.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Personally, I think the Lowe's in California needs competition closer, in order to spark improvement.

A home improvements store would be nice. My choice would be Home Depot, although I'm a Lowes fan. If HD built in PF then I wouldn't have to go into Waldorf. My Lowes I like is LaPlata. I sometimes shop Home Depot when items are on sell. A home improvement store would do really good in PF.

NO NO NO! You don't even live in Prince Frederick so you don't have a say. :p

OldHillcrestGuy

NO NO NO! You don't even live in Prince Frederick so you don't have a say. :p

Nanny Nanny Boo Who to you.:lmao::elaine: I spend lots of time there. I again have another doctor appt. in lovely Prince Frederick this afternoon.

Now that the trailer park is gone, that would be a good site for a home improvement store or townhouse development or highrise condo's like in Chesapeake Beach. :elaine::starcat:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Yes, PF needs at least a normal size Wal-Mart and either a Lowes or Home Depot.

The Prince Frederick Wal-Mart is "normal sized", at least for what the company was building when it was constructed. It was the one in Dunkirk that Wal-Mart tried to get cute with.

As far as a Lowe's or Home Depot, there's nothing that stops those companies from building one in the County, there's an empty prepared lot right now behind CVS in Dunkirk. What does stop them is that the demographics, primarily population density, of Calvert County doesn't meet their requirements.

It cracks me up when you guys bitch about chains "running small businesses out" and then all you talk about is how we need another chain and then have orgasms when another one, especially a food one, opens up.

Hank

my war
The Prince Frederick Wal-Mart is "normal sized", at least for what the company was building when it was constructed. It was the one in Dunkirk that Wal-Mart tried to get cute with.

As far as a Lowe's or Home Depot, there's nothing that stops those companies from building one in the County, there's an empty prepared lot right now behind CVS in Dunkirk. What does stop them is that the demographics, primarily population density, of Calvert County doesn't meet their requirements.

It cracks me up when you guys bitch about chains "running small businesses out" and then all you talk about is how we need another chain and then have orgasms when another one, especially a food one, opens up.

They were trying to make the P. Fred Wal-Mart a Super Wal-Mart....

Chain restaurants suck.

edreedisgod20

My concern as someone who lives in PF isn't that PF is going to become Waldorf (it's not), but how they will handle the increase in traffic from this when it's done. 2/4 through PF is generally a mess as it is, especially in the afternoon.