Where can I get home A/C vents?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I had two or three that needed to be replaced, but Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to sell the round type of vents. I tried Winters Sheet Metal, and they told me they had to write a permission note for me so I could pick them from R.E. Michel. Why did that have to be so convoluted? It wasn't like I was trying to buy Cuban cigars or something.

J

jmo2276

thats somd for you...they dont know how to do anything the easy way instead they gotta make it all hard as he!!:confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
HVAC supplies and maintenance are well regulated in Maryland. I had to have a note to get igniters, and other parts for my oil fired furnace/boiler. Even if you are capable of doing simple repairs the government makes it a headache. Hell, I just found out you need a permit to reshingle a roof, what a crock.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Ken King
HVAC supplies and maintenance are well regulated in Maryland. I had to have a note to get igniters, and other parts for my oil fired furnace/boiler. Even if you are capable of doing simple repairs the government makes it a headache. Hell, I just found out you need a permit to reshingle a roof, what a crock.
You need a permit to reshingle your roof:yikes: Now that is ridiculous.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yep, a buddy of mine was doing his roof and got a visit from a county inspector and issued a stop work order until he acquires a building permit for the "improvement". Anything to take more money from a person trying to maintain their home.