Refrigerator Repair

PsyOps

Pixelated
What's it doing? I've repaired my own fridge a few times now. It's not terribly difficult.

If you need someone, Metropolitan Services Inc. (Not the one in North Beach, the one in Prince Frederick). (443) 295-7309
http://www.yelp.com/biz/metropolitan-services-prince-frederick-3

They typically deal with higher end appliances, but it may be worth a call.

It's a Samsung. The fan in the refrigerator was making a noise like the blades were rubbing against something. Now it sounds like the fan isn't coming on at all and the temp won't get below 45 and it's set for 36.

Chris0nllyn

It's a Samsung. The fan in the refrigerator was making a noise like the blades were rubbing against something. Now it sounds like the fan isn't coming on at all and the temp won't get below 45 and it's set for 36.

Mine did the exact same thing. Condenser fan most likely. The freezer is probably pretty cool, but the fridge is warm?

I replaced it on my own. Pull the fridge out and check the fan to see if it's running (you better go catch it :ugh:) The part was cheap (get your model number and go to repairclinic.com) and it took something like 20 minutes to replace the fan and clean the coil (blow the dust and such out while you're back there).

PsyOps

Pixelated
Mine did the exact same thing. Condenser fan most likely. The freezer is probably pretty cool, but the fridge is warm?

I replaced it on my own. Pull the fridge out and check the fan to see if it's running (you better go catch it :ugh:) The part was cheap (get your model number and go to repairclinic.com) and it took something like 20 minutes to replace the fan and clean the coil (blow the dust and such out while you're back there).

Yes, the fridge is warm, freezer is working. I think it might be the evaporator fan. I got a guy coming out. Thanks for your help.