Solomons Pier?

fatratcat

I saw the big crane next to the pier with some serious looking steel beams. Are they scrapping the pier, moving it, or fixing it?

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
They're moving the building to a storage facility on the Eastern Shore while they rebuild the pier structure

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
I believe I heard Stoney's, Kingfisher or whatever they are called bought it.

ummm NO! If that was the case Jeannie wouldn't have closed to begin with! (Maybe you were being funny or sarcastic...???)

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
ummm NO! If that was the case Jeannie wouldn't have closed to begin with! (Maybe you were being funny or sarcastic...???)

Sorry, it was probably someone else that already owns or owned something over there. Stoney's was the first thing that popped into my head. I had forgotten that they were the ones that closed it.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Sorry, it was probably someone else that already owns or owned something over there. Stoney's was the first thing that popped into my head. I had forgotten that they were the ones that closed it.
It's all good! Apology not necessary.

creekman

No, its not Greg's Marine.

The contractor is Marine Technologies, Inc. That company is owned by Terry Clarke. He is also the owner of the Tiki Bar.

Rumor is that he is buying the Solomon's Pier. Just a rumor......no inside information from me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The contractor is Marine Technologies, Inc. That company is owned by Terry Clarke. He is also the owner of the Tiki Bar.

Rumor is that he is buying the Solomon's Pier. Just a rumor......no inside information from me.

Oh..so not the same guy/company that bought the old Town Creek location. Just curious. I didn't realize Clarke owned a marine construction company.

The old bar.
Got it. That's really a great spot, hope he does something good with it.

When I first moved here, I always saw the sign on the St Mary's side of the bridge for the marina 'For Sail'. I wanted to buy it, because for years it just never dawned on me that it wasn't 'For Sale', it was 'For Sail'.

duh.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Got it. That's really a great spot, hope he does something good with it.

When I first moved here, I always saw the sign on the St Mary's side of the bridge for the marina 'For Sail'. I wanted to buy it, because for years it just never dawned on me that it wasn't 'For Sale', it was 'For Sail'.

duh.

That was a rockin' popular watering hole back in the day. Went through several different names...."The Creek" was about the last one, best I recall. When Greg's bought the property it was already closed...and has remained so ever since.

That was a rockin' popular watering hole back in the day. Went through several different names...."The Creek" was about the last one, best I recall. When Greg's bought the property it was already closed...and has remained so ever since.
I was a late arrival to the area, and only knew it as a trouble spot, lots of bar fights and such.