You'd Never Know

littlelady

God bless the USA
Am I the only person who enjoys hearing the fireworks?

No. I enjoy hearing it. It makes me think people are celebrating the meaning of our independence and understand what it fully means; especially, in the current atmosphere of our country. Pun intended. :lol: I am sure a few kids are just messing around, but, overall, I think people are making a statement 2 days early. I am still hearing a few booms and pops in the St. Leonard area, and the dogs are barking like crazy!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Nope. I enjoy the heck out of them. If I had some, I'd be doing it too.

Just an observational comment.

I think with PA now selling the good stuff it's easier to come by. As long as some common sense is applied I have no problem. It's the people who think 1AM is cool or shooting them into your yard or onto the roof of your convertible. Dog doesn't care, he's chill with the stuff.

PeoplesElbow

Had an old neighbor catch another neighbors roof on fire when a jumping jack bounced up, across the road and on their roof, there was a lot of tension over fireworks in the neighborhood after that.

Personally I like the ones that just go boom, little chance of a fire with those.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Kinda glad they are calling for rain tomorrow so I don't have to listen to the incessant noise from black cats, roman candles, screaming mimis, lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, crap flappers, whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, and whistlin' kitty chasers.