Metrocast Cable TV Outage

creative1

Metro cast question....just got a small box to hook to my tv and the volume is out of control. One minute it's blaring, the next I can't hear it. I have tried reprogramming the tv and nothing works. The tv is a newer one and I recently had to get a box in order to receive channels 60 and up.

sammylover

We have the volume issue and yes, the TV remote works much better at controlling the volume. We also deal with a few channels having no volume whatsoever, the picture comes in all broken up or freezes all together and we quite often get the message that they have detected in interruption in our service. Quite aggravating for the price we pay to have to deal with these issues.

BernieP

Resident PIA
thank you for reminding me to stay clear of Metrocrap.
There was a reason I drop that service years ago. They always had a good excuse for the problem. It never had anything to do with minimum grade wiring, substandard installation and the location and shielding of equipment and lines from radiated emissions from SMECO infrastructure.

thank you for reminding me to stay clear of Metrocrap.
There was a reason I drop that service years ago. They always had a good excuse for the problem. It never had anything to do with minimum grade wiring, substandard installation and the location and shielding of equipment and lines from radiated emissions from SMECO infrastructure.
That reminds me.... SMECO was trying to launch an 'internet-over-powerline' service a few years back. Guess it never got traction.

Clem72

That reminds me.... SMECO was trying to launch an 'internet-over-powerline' service a few years back. Guess it never got traction.

Broadband over powerline is a horrible tech. Hardly works inside the premises, but as an ISP model its much slower and has greater distance requirements than DSL. Just no reason to pursue it except for areas that have no other infrastructure.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Broadband over powerline is a horrible tech. Hardly works inside the premises, but as an ISP model its much slower and has greater distance requirements than DSL. Just no reason to pursue it except for areas that have no other infrastructure.

I think you might find a significant number of people who can't afford cable (because they would have to pay for the line to be dropped) and aren't in an area that can be serviced by DSL.
Using the existing power lines might be the only affordable option for these people (who are using some other far slower interface.

Check that, the number may have gone down as Verizon puts in new towers. I know people south of gate 2 who do not have access to cable or DSL. They are using a Verizon myfi for home internet access

wubbles

Sorta related, anyone else having their internet drop for a second or two every few hours in the Wildewood area? Only started happening recently (maybe 2 weeks ago). I haven't completely ruled out my own equipment yet.

SandieGarry

I live in in Birch Manor (Mechanicsville) and at least every 2 weeks, I have to reset my modem to get my internet working again. Except, 2 weeks ago, a contractor was putting a new line in across the street and wouldn't you know it, my line was the only 1 that he cut in half. Miss Utility has marked the utilities and the contractor has to come back and run a new line under the street, up my driveway and make the connection at my house. They lost their a$$ on this job.