any opinions - auto repair shops near Pax River?

slowlane

A friend of mine wants advice / recommendations of good, or bad, auto repair shops, within 10 miles of Pax River. Thanks.

stew77

Depending what you want done.. AGAPE Auto on Airport View Road is very good for most things.. I take my vehicles to them or to Tires Plus, as I know Scott the mgr and he seems to treat me okay. If you just want tires...Curtis Tire on Great Mills Road seems to beat most of the other tire places...call around for tire prices..! Oil changes same. If you want Auto Body Repair the Auto Shop on Pegg Road on left, just out Gate 1, is absolutely outstanding. It is on the left.., great bunch of people, just opened and treated me right and price was extremely reasonable. My opinions!

dave1959

Cheseldine Tire.. Yes...IMO..The best
Mr Tire............. NO
jiffy lube........... NO
Martins Auto ......Yes
Tom hodges.......Yes
Marks auto .......Maybe
Precision Tune....NO
Fitzgerald...........NO
Hewits...............Used to be a Yes.....Now,Not sure.
tires PLus...........No
Curtis Tire.........Maybe
Agape Auto .......NO

My opinions, Take it or leave it.

bulldog

Cheseldine is where I go and have never had a problem with them. They stand by their work. I've also heard good things about St. Mary's Automotive, as Gilligan mentioned.

The body shop the stew mentioned is BelAir and they moved to Pegg road from Hollywood. I've had them do some paint work on my motorcycle and am very happy with the results. Recommend them 100%.

Erk

May be on the edge of your range, but I use Don King at the Leonardtown Service Center (across from Ledo's), and have been going there forever. Good people, honest.

Hail to the NO Agape worst experience EVER! Leonardtown Service Center is A1 in my book. I have also heard good things about Curtis Tire!

sockgirl77

Hail to the NO Agape worst experience EVER! Leonardtown Service Center is A1 in my book. I have also heard good things about Curtis Tire!

I've used Agape twice and they were wonderful. They cut me as good as a deal as they could because my :cussing: Toyota parts were expensive. Hell, I could not afford the labor on replacing my O2 sensors and they gave me a tutorial on pulling them out so that a friend could do it for me. :shrug:

PeoplesElbow

I've used Agape twice and they were wonderful. They cut me as good as a deal as they could because my :cussing: Toyota parts were expensive. Hell, I could not afford the labor on replacing my O2 sensors and they gave me a tutorial on pulling them out so that a friend could do it for me. :shrug:

I called them once for an estimate, they called me back with a price, called Toyota of Southern MD a few minutes later and Toyota told me "didn't you just call here 10 mins ago"? Toyota gave me a price $150 lower...

raz

I've had a good experience with Chesledine. Recommend stay away from Don King at the Leonardtown Service Center; he/they are very nice people but simply put, not good mechanics. Good place to get air put in your tires; anything more complicated than that recommend you seek another mechanic.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Cheseldine

Yes, but you have to schedule appointments for even routine service.
Tires Plus (Behind BJ's) has been good with us. They will take same day jobs, schedule permitting
Don King at the Leonardtown Service Center - I thought he was closed, or is that just the gas pumps? (heard he was good)

Marks - if you are a good ole boy buddy, you are probably safe, otherwise watch your wallet.

wubbles

I called them once for an estimate, they called me back with a price, called Toyota of Southern MD a few minutes later and Toyota told me "didn't you just call here 10 mins ago"? Toyota gave me a price $150 lower...

Hahahaha... you busted them!

Yes, but you have to schedule appointments for even routine service.

True, but routine service is something most people schedule. I've had luck calling them asking if they can fit an oil change in if I get there in 15 minutes and it works 50% of the time. I am not so good about scheduling my routine maintenance. :p

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Marks has always treated me well (10+ yrs). I used Agape once and never again. YMMV