Crabbing with friends...

TPD

the poor dad
About a month ago, my best friend from Finland and his wife had a week long visit with us here in Maryland. Of course it was my job to entertain. One of the things he wanted to do while he was here was to go crabbing. Now I know my way around the water just enough to be dangerous. I could have gotten some chicken necks and taken them to a pier of friends or a state/county park. I could have also baited a trotline, but my time was more valuable than that.

I called SOMD Crab Charters to do the dirty work for me. I didn't go with them because I had some field corn to finish planting, but I sent my daughter, best friend, and his wife (up to 6 people could have gone) out trotlining with SOMD Crab Charters one morning. They met the captain at the Breton Bay boat landing just off Medley's Neck Road. (I think location changes based on the crabs/people) 4 hours of crabbing and I didn't have to do anything! They had a bunch of fun, even though they didn't catch many crabs. They did get to keep the crabs they caught so we could cook and eat them. Highly recommended if you have friends coming into town or maybe you want to try it yourself.

Unfortunately this is all I've got as far as pics/video. Ignore some parts of the video...my friend being funny....

[video=youtube;uxv3K7NGffc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv3K7NGffc[/video]

Disclaimer - I am related to the owner of SOMD Crab Charters, but it is a legit business - Captain's License and all